wheel problem

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
K-North

wheel problem

Post by K-North »

well the problem im seeking is when im driving i turn left everything is alright. .but yurning right.. i begin to get a knockin sound from right whell im pretty sure.. i just got the axel replaced so i know thats not ht problem.. does anyone ahve any suggestinos on what could be wrong/? hah this is quite pissin me off.. im just wondeirng if it s the rim or would a wrong end allignment need to be in order.. but it just the right side so plz help haha thanks all
hey all im a new 92 mx3 gs owner... had a permance clutch but he blew the head gaskets when i bought it.. and theres a lower kit and exaust system.. so i guess i got a okay deal.. but damn wait.. just Dropped in a KLZE engine from japan
XxantwawnxX

Post by XxantwawnxX »

Only on tight right turns? Sounds to be like it could be the CV joints....

* * * * * * 92 Mx3 ZET, rear/front swaybars,srd crossmember,HKS SSQV,cold air,ZE with millinia mani and TB and 280cc injectors,INtrax springs with tokiko HP struts, Grounding kit, MotegiTrakLite wheels 17's at 14lbs each, MSnS Running fuel and spark,HEI mod,T3/To4E .60/.63 stage 3 turbine,3rd gen rx7 fuel pump, SSAC Headers/hotpipes ,38 ext tial wastegate, findanza flywheel, SBC TZ clutch/pressureplate,braille11pound battery/ magnum drilled F/R rotors,projectors, CXmotorsports almuminum intercooler.
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

You can easily buy a bad CV joint (axle). They are crappily remanufactured.
It could also be a ball joint popping in and out of its socket, a sway bar link doing the same thing, or a bad tie rod end.

However, a popping and a clunking are two different things. Clunks are from the above three, knocking or popping is from a CV joint (axle).
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
MOSES

Post by MOSES »

ball joint popping in and out of its socket? I dont think so skippy.
Loose fit and knocking, yes, but if your still driving on 4 wheels, that ball joint is doing its job.
Im getting a knock to, only on turns, maybe my cv joint is bad aslo.
I've been so unsatisfied with my car since I joined mx3.com.
Seeing all the body kits, rims and engine swaps makes me want to spend all my student loans on my car.
wepeo

Post by wepeo »

I have a similar problem. I wandered if it was worn engine mounts causing the engine and tranny to be off set and binding the cv's.
K-North

Post by K-North »

but i m,just wondeinrg could an alignment be in order to solve this problem.. or is it possible if the wheel is not balanced?? im just curiosu on what it could be
hey all im a new 92 mx3 gs owner... had a permance clutch but he blew the head gaskets when i bought it.. and theres a lower kit and exaust system.. so i guess i got a okay deal.. but damn wait.. just Dropped in a KLZE engine from japan
precidian

Post by precidian »

Definately take a look at the CV joint... it is most noticable when turning in a specific direction. Also it can vary with the speed of the car during a turn.
Tom S. - '94 MX-3 GS-X Sparkle Green

I say, Ahmed. What is that thing you do when you're about to assassinate an infidel?
mazdaspeedmx_3

Post by mazdaspeedmx_3 »

I have the exact same problem on my car it was doing that...changed the half shaft and it still does it
2006 best ET 14.43 @ 96.9mph
93 MX-3 GS-95 Curveneck klze, kl-01 cammed,homemade CAI,HEI module, chipped kl-07 ECU,UDP,KYB GR-2 struts,DropZone lowering springs, Toyo Proxes 4's 205-50-r15
parts to be installed:Turbo hot pipes,T04E/t3 50/63 57 trim, ssqv BOV, hks style 38mm wastegate
the rest of my turbo set up and IPP hp rebuild kit is in the NEAR future
SOON TO BE MX-3ZE-T
mazdaspeedmx_3

Post by mazdaspeedmx_3 »

with mine i can crank it to do hard right turn with the clutch in and it it is smooth....but when i'm on the onramp goin on the highway it feels like my cars gonna fall apart
93 MX-3 GS-95 Curveneck klze, kl-01 cammed,homemade CAI,HEI module, chipped kl-07 ECU,UDP,KYB GR-2 struts,DropZone lowering springs, Toyo Proxes 4's 205-50-r15
parts to be installed:Turbo hot pipes,T04E/t3 50/63 57 trim, ssqv BOV, hks style 38mm wastegate
SOON TO BE MX-3ZE-T
Mr.mx-3

Post by Mr.mx-3 »

mazdaspeedmx_3 wrote:with mine i can crank it to do hard right turn with the clutch in and it it is smooth....but when i'm on the onramp goin on the highway it feels like my cars gonna fall apart
Sounds like a lower balljoint or a tyrod end.
GS-ZE,fidanza fly/ 6 puck ceramic clutch,pacesetter headers/exhaust, AWR 88duro motormounts, P.R.M jetstream CAI,KYB GR-2 struts, KL31 ECU,JE-50VAF,110A Mellenia alt. S.S Corksport Clutch line.
Sick_Mx3

Post by Sick_Mx3 »

when turning its a bad ball joint or tie rod end nothing else
K-North

Post by K-North »

ya it was the tye rod.. haha forgot to check that im such a noob.. and needs an alignment haha thanks yall for your help
mazdaspeedmx_3

Post by mazdaspeedmx_3 »

I switched the tierod end, and wheel bearing, ball joint, and an intermediate shaft bearing
SOON TO BE MX-3ZE-T
Custom_V6_Limited_SE

Post by Custom_V6_Limited_SE »

Did it fix the problem? hehe
'93 MX-3 GS SE:My Mods
Custom_V6_Limited_SE

Post by Custom_V6_Limited_SE »

Noob question, but can the axles and wheel bearings be replaced independently of each other?
'93 MX-3 GS SE:My Mods

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”