[WTB] GS fuel pressure regulator VACUM sensor

Do you have an MX-3 related item for sale? Post a quick note here.
hgallegos915

[WTB] GS fuel pressure regulator VACUM sensor

Post by hgallegos915 »

Ok i have been looking for MONTHS yes months..not at the junk yard no where... its just a stupid sensor that looks like a vris solenoid and i cant find it anywhere. My MPG is horrible :S goes to the fuel pressure regulator.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
hppwdn

Post by hppwdn »

That solenoid is only for cold starts. You don't really need it (at least living in South Florida I don't). Just run the vac straight off of the IM to the FPR.

But if you are set on getting one you can use a VRIS solenoid there. They are the exact same part.
92 MX3 Turbo ($100 junkyard KLG4) 11.904 @ 124.3mph, 14psi, DOT approved Hoosier drags, pump gas.
NSCRA 2009 FWD Drag Radial Finalist
HIN/NOPI Supershow Class Winner - Miami 2010 - Street-Sport Compact-Mazda
Links: Pretty Pic, GoFast Pic, Timeslip, Track Video
As of July 2011 the MX3 has been retired and sold.
Slammed6

Post by Slammed6 »

Well i have the solenoid u r talking about. This solenoid is for cold starts as stated, but if you want it all operating like it should, lemme know.
***D-Tuned Custom KL MX-3 on Nitrous***
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

If you're referring to the PRC solenoid. The unit that normally mounts to the side of the oem airbox, has a 2 wire connector that traces back to the VAF wire loom and has a vaccum port that is hooked to the FPR, than this unit is not for cold weather/cold engine starts. It's actually for the opposite. I believe taking it's temp data info from the temp sensor within the VAF, it will electically seal the vaccum line for 120 seconds to the FPR during HOT engine re-starts so that it will richen the mixture. Hector, I guess it would be a hit miss thing to find an MX in the junkyard that still had it's original oem airbox which would certainly indicate that the PRC solenoid is there also. g/l
John
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
lucky13

Post by lucky13 »

yea most engines in the junkyard are useally missing the hole engine. They useally (for somereason) take them out.

Return to “MX-3 Related Items For Sale/Trade”