piggyback ECU

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
WingleBeast

piggyback ECU

Post by WingleBeast »

im looking for a piggyback ecu that can handle fuel AND INGNITION timing, that has a NOS function to adjust fuel and timing for a NOS application. i know corksport has a MAP ECU but that dosent having timing controls
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Post by babyblueMX3 »

Megasquirt is the thing you're looking for.
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
Current car : Golf 01 GTI 1.8T (15 psi)
WingleBeast

Post by WingleBeast »

anyone here run megasquirt? i found greddy e-manage ultimate too? any suggestions?
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Post by babyblueMX3 »

I do and so does rebel2k4
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
ariesdude

Post by ariesdude »

I always thought megasquirt was standalone - not piggyback. Guess i am wrong....
94 Mx-3 Precidia
1.8L 4Cyl DOHC newGen BP (used to be B6DE) ATX
http://www.mx-3.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=54032
http://www.cardomain.com/id/ariesdude
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Post by babyblueMX3 »

ariesdude wrote:I always thought megasquirt was standalone - not piggyback. Guess i am wrong....
well you're kinda right.
you can use it as a piggy back or completly removed the stock ecu but don'T ask me how to do that cuz I don't know !
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

babyblueMX3 wrote:
ariesdude wrote:I always thought megasquirt was standalone - not piggyback. Guess i am wrong....
well you're kinda right.
you can use it as a piggy back or completly removed the stock ecu but don'T ask me how to do that cuz I don't know !
I've recieved my V3 (piggy-back) version of Megasquirt a number of weeks ago. Bascially you send in your old ECU and they will tap into it and have a connector from it going to the Megasquirt. The purpose was to let the ECU do all of the rudimentary jobs like VRIS, Fan and idle control (which it does so well) and have the Megasquirt do all of the extra things like nitrous, etc. This particular version (from the latest Bulk Buy from Probetalk) gives you the option of running coilpacks (which I have) also. More info can be obtained by going to the probetalk BB and go to the bulk buy archive and look up the Megasquirt info on the Plug n Play version.

Is there anyone at this point that has recieved/installed this newer version of the Plug n Play Megasquirt yet? It would be good to hear from you, cheers,
John
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

Anyone got the V3 Plug n Play MS installed and running yet?
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”