Lucas oil stabalizer with turbo??

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
Joey's mx

Lucas oil stabalizer with turbo??

Post by Joey's mx »

Is it safe or good to rune Lucas oil stabalizer with a turbo setup??
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

what weight oil are you running?
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
Rick Johnson

Post by Rick Johnson »

I haven't heard good things about lucas... http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/images/lucas/lucas.htm
SloGsr

Post by SloGsr »

I managed a lube and oil shop for six years and I have seen tons of people use Lucas with no problems on turbo engines.....but they were all turbo diesel engines I don't know if that matters or not but also they all run 15w-40 motor oil which is pretty heavy duty stuff if you know anything about oil.
One guy in particular comes to mind he has a ranch and runs four Cummings turbo diesel dodge pick ups and he runs em hard and every gear box and fluid reservoir has Lucas in it from the power steering to the transfer case and including the motor. Also I should mention that every one of them has seen 300,000 plus miles with out any engine failure and only one of them had a transmission replaced. I think it's good stuff.

Also check out Schaffers brand lubercants, It's kinda like Lucas but all the thick stuff is already mixed in.
SloGsr

Post by SloGsr »

I took a look at that link that Rick had put up and it does make some interesting points, BUT.....an engine uses pressurised oil which would naturally tend to extract the air bubbles from the oil so I'm not too sure about that one and on the first test he used two different weights of oil 80-90 and 80-140 which is a world of difference...and not to split hairs but it is pennzoil LOL in the lube industry we call that stuff "liquid sandpaper" not liquid ball bearings
JWMotorsports

Post by JWMotorsports »

I've been using Lucas for a while now and LOVE it! We are using Lucas 80w90 Gear oil with Lucas Trans fix and it is making a big differance. Cold shifting sucks for about 2 blocks (Trans Fix changes the viscosity that much). I'm using Valvaline Dura-Blend 10w30 w/ Lucas Heavy Duty Oil Stabilizer in the engine and have been since my first oil change on the test engine. My oil pressure rose 10psi and sealed up the rings a bit better (runing loose ring gap). The bottom end of the engine is a STOCK (only internal changes are ARP Head Studs w/ Web Cams) small rod B6T and we've been generating around 400WHP with 22-25psi of boost for a couple weeks now and it doesn't use a drop of oil. Even with the 10.5:1 AFR's at WOT. I'm standing behind the Lucas addatives from personal experiance with them on multiple engine and transmisson platforms. It doesn't seem to foam as claimed by the link either. I change my oil after shutting down a hot engine and the oil is fine, very fine! Same goes for the transmission. The OEM oil pan and crank case ventalation system is what seperates air from your oil. With out it you'd foam up like the web links pictures.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/354836
B6T, APEXi Silvia IC, HKS SSQV, Magnacore KV85 Wires, NGK V-Power, Haltech E6K, Accel 300+ Digital Ign w/ coil, Accel 375+ controller, JWMmotorsports turbo manifold & exhaust, custom Garret GT-R series turbo, MAZDASPEED mounts, SRD Bushings, Pacesetter Short Shift, entire Pro LX drive train w/ custom ACT clutch (I'm the first to succeed this on B6T), Weapon-R, and lots more stuff!

Return to “Forced Induction”