brake pedal firmness...

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Devlin

brake pedal firmness...

Post by Devlin »

ok, since the ZE swap, something odd's been happening....

while the engine is running, the brake pedal is normal...however when the engine turns off, the pedal firms up to the point where it pushes your foot back, and if you're in neutral iand rolling, ts actually difficult to stop because the pedal requires more pressure.

before the swap however it wasn't like this, the pedal didn't get stiff unless you pumped it alot, then it would stiffen up.
wondering if this is normal or if its something i can get fixed.
max kl

Post by max kl »

well not realy normal but not that bad yet. it sounds like your brake booster check valve is leaking or the booster its self.

did you use the orignal mx3 brake booster vac line ?
or did you use the one that came with the motor?

if you just used a peice of vac/fuel line than thats the prob. you will have to change it back to a mazda line or get a check valve for a honda

if you moved the booster or mastercylinder during the swap you may have caused a vac leak during reasembly
JUDGE ME ALL YOU WANT

93 gs, klde swap, kl trans, strait 2.5'' ehaust, euro front bumper, cold air intake, hei ign ,50 shot &
9.60s n the 8th mile so far 8.50s sprayn now
150 shot
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

mine has always done that o.0
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
DJ

Post by DJ »

Mine has always been stiff when off as well. Isn't it because they are power assisted?
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

yeah they arewell i got abs mayb thats why they are power assisted.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
Grants
BANNED Member

Post by Grants »

Normal
“You’ll find, that the only thing you can do easily is be wrong, and that’s hardly worth the effort.”
Devlin

Post by Devlin »

i'm not sure what exactly they did when they swapped it

tho b4 the swap it wasn't normal for it to actually push my foot back after as soon as the car is turned off.

i'm going to have some work done to it soon for other stuff, so i'll have them check for any leaks or what is connected to where. thx
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Deimos wrote:tho b4 the swap it wasn't normal for it to actually push my foot back after as soon as the car is turned off.
I though your did before the swap? I could have sworn it's something I noticed and we talked about back in '04. Personally, I'm suspecting is something do do with your non functional ABS. I know on mine, if I pump the brakes once or twice when the car's off, the pedal gets ultra hard.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
Devlin

Post by Devlin »

that's what mine USED to b like as well....and it was actually last year at cayuga that we discussed this when you took my car down the track shortly after my ZE swap. it did the same thing w/ the DE in it (and had the same occasional idle problem too)

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”