Super Charger

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Mr.mx-3

Super Charger

Post by Mr.mx-3 »

Has anybody tried or thought to try a supercharger from a 97 2.3 Mazda Meillina type S. Currious to know.
Last edited by Mr.mx-3 on March 5th, 2006, 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GS-ZE,fidanza fly/ 6 puck ceramic clutch,pacesetter headers/exhaust, AWR 88duro motormounts, P.R.M jetstream CAI,KYB GR-2 struts, KL31 ECU,JE-50VAF,110A Mellenia alt. S.S Corksport Clutch line.
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

there are 10001 post on the 2.3 KJ motor please use search as there is a thread about 5 threads down from this one
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Post by babyblueMX3 »

the s/c from the millenia S just sucks monkey a$$ balz. ask the mazda tech. they'll tell you. Too much problem with them and cost to much to fix.
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
Current car : Golf 01 GTI 1.8T (15 psi)
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

And it doesn't fit either.
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
Gro Harlem

Post by Gro Harlem »

its a lysholm which = best s/c type.

BUT yes it has lots of reliability problems w/seals leaking & crap.

on top of that its HUGE!!!!!!! I've removed many from KJ's. The cyilnder heads on the KJ are spaced apart drastically compared to the KL..to make room for the SC.

the SC is also insanely long. The T/B is way over near the battery would be on our car & the pulley lines up with the drivebelts.

it would be pretty much impossible to install it in an mx engine bay onto a KL.

The KJ fitting a MX? hell no! Its larger in every dimension. Dual intercoolers, the wider head spacing & long a-- supercharger. Add to that the crazy wiring differences (KJ's are automatic only and OBDII). its not that great of a motor anyways. You'd be better off turboing a klde.
Noble Green Metallic 93' GS Hybrid, 91' 1.8 323
DONATE TO MX-3.COM
Mr.mx-3

Post by Mr.mx-3 »

Gro Harlem wrote:its a lysholm which = best s/c type.

BUT yes it has lots of reliability problems w/seals leaking & crap.

on top of that its HUGE!!!!!!! I've removed many from KJ's. The cyilnder heads on the KJ are spaced apart drastically compared to the KL..to make room for the SC.

the SC is also insanely long. The T/B is way over near the battery would be on our car & the pulley lines up with the drivebelts.

it would be pretty much impossible to install it in an mx engine bay onto a KL.

The KJ fitting a MX? hell no! Its larger in every dimension. Dual intercoolers, the wider head spacing & long a-- supercharger. Add to that the crazy wiring differences (KJ's are automatic only and OBDII). its not that great of a motor anyways. You'd be better off turboing a klde.
Thanks I was wondering never saw a supercharged melinia in person I wanted to supercharge a klze insted of a turbo seeing and knowin all the work that has to go into a turbo and also the constant tuning involved and pluse with a supercharger most of the time you can get a boost controller that runs inside the car so you can retard it so much that basicly it's off when you don't need it. Basicly I'm tring to have power when I wanna play and gas mileage when doing basic driving. I'm open to new Ideas.
GS-ZE,fidanza fly/ 6 puck ceramic clutch,pacesetter headers/exhaust, AWR 88duro motormounts, P.R.M jetstream CAI,KYB GR-2 struts, KL31 ECU,JE-50VAF,110A Mellenia alt. S.S Corksport Clutch line.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”