darn it help

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
suckinboost

darn it help

Post by suckinboost »

ok well actually my problem isnt that bad. i just got my car back and the alternator, belt and throttle posistion pin is fixed. before it went in oil got all over my plugs. (cheap set) and now when i stop the rpms come down and get real jumpy just like it did before it died but the car still runs good when moving and the light dont dim i was thinkin like o2 sensor or maybe the plugs r messed up. anywayz i really appreciate the help thanks. p.s valve cover gasket done also explaining oil in plugs.

[Admin:watch the language!]
intake, exhaust, fully slammed, 16' konig theorys, plugs, wires, the usual
Danny

Post by Danny »

It sounds like you're having the same problem alot of people are having, myself included. I don't know how to fix it, though (think some people said somethin about vacuum hose). It's wierd cause one day mine just stopped doin that. It was horrible and just got worse, like I would stop at a stop sign or light, and it would drop down then jump up, then it would die and it took like a minute to start it back up.
Is this what you're talkin about?
Yoda

Post by Yoda »

A lot of people say they found the solution cleaning the throttle body. When I had this problem it was due to a vacuum leak between the T/B and the nipple for the PCV on the rubber intake hose. I resolved the issue with a metal replacement pipe.
azazel95

Post by azazel95 »

Yeah this problem could be a couple things. Cleaning the TB fixed it for me. Check all your vacuum lines and clean your TB and see if it stops.
Danny

Post by Danny »

Could you all show a picture of where this vacuum hose is? Cause I went looking for it, and even asked my dad, and he said he didn't know what I was talking about. Even though mine doesn't seem to be doing that anymore, I would still like to make sure everything is in check.
azazel95

Post by azazel95 »

Vacuum hoses are the (stock) black rubber hoses that run all over your engine. If one of those is cracked or loose, could cause a vacuum leak causing engine problems.
suckinboost

Post by suckinboost »

quick question what should i use to clean the throttle body? i heard pb blaster
intake, exhaust, fully slammed, 16' konig theorys, plugs, wires, the usual
markbrad

Post by markbrad »

Two guys at the parts sotre swear by SeaFoam. They told me to let the engine suck up about a third can through a vacuum line until the it stalled, let it sit for ten minutes and start it up again like a flooded engine. I am going to give it a try in the next week or so.
Bochek

Post by Bochek »

suckinboost wrote:quick question what should i use to clean the throttle body? i heard pb blaster
some break cleaner and a que tip.

take off the intake tube, and clean around and behind the butterfly valve, engine will run like s--- for 5 mins after, just let it idle for a few mins and she'll be good to go.

Bochek
azazel95

Post by azazel95 »

Yeah, brake or carb cleaner. Use a bore brush if available to get all the gunk out. Make sure the butterfly valve is correctly adjusted too.
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

Check the 4cyl FAQ.. There is a write up with pics showing how to clean your throttle body and how to adjust your TPS sensor.

Tunes67
"So long.. and thanks for all the fish!" "Momma says VW Bugs are the devil" "This one time at band camp.. I stuck a flute in my Throttle Body" ;)
"Screw you guys.. I am goin home"

I am the Cranky God of Mods!!! Tremble before my fury!! LOL

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”