Straight neck in mx-3 how-to ?

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
hp maker

Straight neck in mx-3 how-to ?

Post by hp maker »

hi everyone . Someone can tell me how to put a straight neck intake manifold in a mx-3 with details, i know someone of you and moca members made it. thank you.
mxmaz

Post by mxmaz »

You'd have to pay moca for them to tell you how to do it. Then you'd have to sign a contract sworn to secrecy that you wont tell anybody else how it was done :P .

There are other memebers on here that have done it though, and i am sure they would be willing to spread their wisdom.
hp maker

Post by hp maker »

l ask at pat diesel and like you say for 1000000$ his secret is a secret, but do you understand them they made it in their mx-3 on mx-3 .com? For Pat diesel he know what i think of this kind of stupidity. Straight neck don't give 300 ponies :roll: .
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

mxmaz wrote:You'd have to pay moca for them to tell you how to do it. Then you'd have to sign a contract sworn to secrecy that you wont tell anybody else how it was done :P .

There are other memebers on here that have done it though, and i am sure they would be willing to spread their wisdom.
Dont forget after you swear in we sit 2 guards at your mx3 at all time to make sure no one pops the hood to find out exactly how it is done. These 2 wont protect your car in anyway from it being stollen or vandalized they are only there to make sure no one opens teh hood :)

Besides guys its not hard to figure out if you looked at the problem the straight neck causes when installing there is only one possible explenation on how to solve this problem.

And for the record i opted not to go with the straight neck ZE
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

you can go straight neck with any k series engines that have ROUND runners... good luck if its a ze straight neck. Use search... a coupe of us swapped. When done on a k8 its bolt on however you loose low end power bohoo or something like that.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
mxmaz

Post by mxmaz »

hgallegos915 wrote:you can go straight neck with any k series engines that have ROUND runners... good luck if its a ze straight neck. Use search... a coupe of us swapped. When done on a k8 its bolt on however you loose low end power bohoo or something like that.
The straight neck you are talking about is the one from the klde. Those are commonly known as "short necks". They have short straight necks but people refer to them as short necks, so as not to be confused with the ze straight neck. He is talking about a ze straight neck. As far as i know, no one has ever bolted a straight neck ze IM on to a k8, and if they did there would still be the same fitment issues.
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

:P to all of you haters. I'm not giving my secret away. Yes, there are thers who have found a way to get it to fit, some like mine some in a different way. No, I don't think it gives any extra HP over the curved neck ZE and only a few HP over a Millinea curved neck. It is not hard, but will be very dangerous if you don't think about and fix all the problems it can cause with the brake master cylinder.
It took me about a week to figure it out and I've imporved the design each of the three times I've done it for MOCA members. All it takes is some tought and some ingenuity If you haven't got those skills you should sell your MX-3 anyway since that is a requirement if you want to really mod the car.

Eat my shorts if you don't like it. :lol:
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

PATDIESEL wrote: Eat my shorts if you don't like it. :lol:
:throwup:

Pat, perhaps a few close up pics by the brake MC of what he's up against to prove the point. Have you documented your specific procedure(s) for this in MOCA for him (or other members) to review when this question arises again?
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
mxmaz

Post by mxmaz »

PATDIESEL wrote: It is not hard, but will be very dangerous if you don't think about and fix all the problems it can cause with the brake master cylinder.
This is the exact reason why you should let the community know how you do it. If you feel your way is safer then the way that others have been doing it, then why not let us know? Its not like you are the first one or the only one to ever do it, you just did it a little differently and safer according to you. So its not a matter of originality, its a matter of safety for your fellow mx-3 enthusiasts. So come on, give it up man.
PATDIESEL

Post by PATDIESEL »

I'm not giving my secret away
from my above post John

Sorry Bro, it is my mod. I'd tell you pretty much anything else, but this one is just for me and my close MX brethren.

Also, I know a few guys who did it the EXACT same way I did without me ever telling them anything.
It shouldn't be hard to figure out or to make safe. I'm just saying that if you try then pay special attention to the proximity of the TB to the master cylinder.
Also, other than to be different than others in a already small community would you want to go through the hassle? Then by that rationalle why would you do it if then you are not different b/c then you are like me...
I get this a few times a year.. I just want something that sets me apart. That is why I bought a MX-3 in the first place.
I don't have a crap load of money to make my car totally different, but this is one thing that makes my engine bay look completely different than any other.

Honestly, good luck if you try and I hope you are safe with it. If you'd like you can even send me pics of your finished product and I'll tell you if I think it is enough to keep te 200 HP motor from pushing back into the brake mechanics.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

PATDIESEL wrote:
I'm not giving my secret away
from my above post John

Sorry Bro, it is my mod. I'd tell you pretty much anything else, but this one is just for me and my close MX brethren.

Also, I know a few guys who did it the EXACT same way I did without me ever telling them anything.
It shouldn't be hard to figure out or to make safe. I'm just saying that if you try then pay special attention to the proximity of the TB to the master cylinder.
Also, other than to be different than others in a already small community would you want to go through the hassle? Then by that rationalle why would you do it if then you are not different b/c then you are like me...
I get this a few times a year.. I just want something that sets me apart. That is why I bought a MX-3 in the first place.
I don't have a crap load of money to make my car totally different, but this is one thing that makes my engine bay look completely different than any other.

Honestly, good luck if you try and I hope you are safe with it. If you'd like you can even send me pics of your finished product and I'll tell you if I think it is enough to keep te 200 HP motor from pushing back into the brake mechanics.
Hey thats the reason i didnt do it :) i didnt want to be like all the other moca members with there straight neck ZE's. Well also that and when you 1st got your ze running pat when i herd your motor rock back it scared me to much :)
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

Would I be getting warm if I were to say that a different 60mm TB would have to be sourced. Since there would be ample room to the left of the TB, a TB with the ISC on the left would work and not be in close proximity to the thermostat housing and no where near the brake MC. To that left handed ISC TB, one might want to take the throttle linkage and virtually tumble it or turn it upside down so as to pull from the top and not the bottom which (now I'm really guessing here) I believe may negate the proximity issue again with the brake MC. Attach to the TB and immediate 90 degree coupler to run to the VAF. This set-up will also probably necessitate the need to relocate the battery to the hatch area.

Please tell me I'm getting warm or close?
pssssstt ....I won't tell.....

........dohhhh!!

please don't tell me that all you did was some shimming on the firewall for the brake MC and re-adjusted the interior linkage to compensate.
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
garfy1981

Post by garfy1981 »

my straight long neck went straight in no problems...............

but then i am in the UK, so RHD = master cylinder on opposite side lol

:D no secret here then.
2.5 Ze straight neck, blitz intake, mazdaspeed engine mounts, fidenza flywheel, CM II Clutch, KL-36 ecu, Magnecor 8mm Leads, Battery Relocation. Hotshot headers, 2.5 mandrel bent stainless exhaust, hi-flow cat, Speed hut dials, custom coilover set up. Custom willwood big brake conversion.
mx34u2nv

Post by mx34u2nv »

i thought u still used the ze tb, and just die grinder to it....use little throttle wheel from k8...i had it in an email its here some where......
Full fx designs body kit, Apex lowering springs tokico struts, walbro fuelpump, klze, 17" sachhi wheels, b'm short throw shifter, ractive frount and rear tower bars, kl36 ecu. all for sale....pending
JWMX3

Post by JWMX3 »

garfy1981 wrote:my straight long neck went straight in no problems...............

but then i am in the UK, so RHD = master cylinder on opposite side lol

:D no secret here then.
Genious !!!

so that was it... patdiesel had RHD mx3s imported for him and all his buddys..... that fraudulent bugger

Image :shrug:
94' Mx3 GS 0-60 in 7.53s [5 spd conversion / Rebuilt 2.5 KL]

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”