how much nitrous can a KL03 vs. KLZE handle ?

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
rudeboymx6

how much nitrous can a KL03 vs. KLZE handle ?

Post by rudeboymx6 »

well i am swapping in a engine KL03 or KLZE not sure yet just wondering how much nitrous shot each can handle. i know the clutch will need to be upgraded along with the fuel pump and some milennia S injectors but just looking to see if anyone can tell me if they know anyone that had a nos setup. any 1/4 mile times would also help. thanks
Slammed6

Post by Slammed6 »

Well i have some experience for you in this...lol

On a KL-03 i have ran a 100 shot WET with 91 octane and stock KL-03 timing. I had plans on running a 125 shot before i gave up on this car and started my new peoject. It took it just fine for many years, and still runs very strong. Unfortunately i have never had a chance to dyno the car, or run the car at the track.

On my KL-ZE i have ran a 75 shot WET with 91 octane and stock KL-ZE timing. I am going to be upping it to a 100 shot and head back out to the track. I am also wanting to go dyno this setup soon, but it took me to a 12.6 at 108 MPH, and there is alot of room for improvement.

Injectors are not needed for a nitrous setup, unless you are using a dry kit. Get a WET kit they are alot safer and will save you some headaches in the long run. I would go ZE, cause the ZE will handle just as much as a 03, they have the same rods. And the stock KL rods are "Suppose" to handle up to ~300 WHP, but i have seen people get alot more outta them.
***D-Tuned Custom KL MX-3 on Nitrous***
max kl

Post by max kl »

on the de 100 shot where did you place the nozel? and how long would a bottle last i mean how many drag races or 3 upshifs under power. and you said many years how often did you use the nos? like weekly or monthly?
JUDGE ME ALL YOU WANT

93 gs, klde swap, kl trans, strait 2.5'' ehaust, euro front bumper, cold air intake, hei ign ,50 shot &
9.60s n the 8th mile so far 8.50s sprayn now
150 shot
Slammed6

Post by Slammed6 »

on the de 100 shot where did you place the nozel?
Well it was in the TB boot, right before the turn....about 4" away from the TB itself.
and how long would a bottle last i mean how many drag races or 3 upshifs under power.
I never really payed attention to how long it would last, but i know i would get at least 5 good runs in.
you said many years how often did you use the nos? like weekly or monthly?
Yeah, i had the nitrous on my MX-6 for about 3 yrs or so. And i abuse my cars..lol. So i used it probably on a daily bases, but more so at night when i would run, and then just do several back to back runs.
***D-Tuned Custom KL MX-3 on Nitrous***

Return to “Forced Induction”