idle go crazy...

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
tk2269

idle go crazy...

Post by tk2269 »

hi ever since i got da DE swap,everytime when im holding down da clutch da idles keep jumping up and down,and sumtimes even when imnot holdin down da clutch it does it too....I brought it to every mechanic out dere n dey cant seem to figure out wats rong wit it...
XxantwawnxX

Post by XxantwawnxX »

How much range is the jumpage in idle? Does it otherwise drive normally?

* * * * * * 92 Mx3 ZET, rear/front swaybars,srd crossmember,HKS SSQV,cold air,ZE with millinia mani and TB and 280cc injectors,INtrax springs with tokiko HP struts, Grounding kit, MotegiTrakLite wheels 17's at 14lbs each, MSnS Running fuel and spark,HEI mod,T3/To4E .60/.63 stage 3 turbine,3rd gen rx7 fuel pump, SSAC Headers/hotpipes ,38 ext tial wastegate, findanza flywheel, SBC TZ clutch/pressureplate,braille11pound battery/ magnum drilled F/R rotors,projectors, CXmotorsports almuminum intercooler.
tk2269

Post by tk2269 »

i jumps from 500rpm to 2000rpm,itt keeps jumpin until i let da clutch go,den it will stop,but sumetimes even tho i let da clutch go it will still do dat...besides dat it drives normal...itz juz annoying because of da sound...
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Re: idle go crazy...

Post by jschrauwen »

tk2269 wrote: I brought it to every mechanic out dere n dey cant seem to figure out wats rong wit it...
And these must also be one of the mechanics that installed the DE? Damage repair after poor install.
Try looking for a vaccum leak or a crack in your intake tube to the TB. You gave minimal info other than eratic idle. Had you done a search on that topic your answers are all there, many times over. Try "surging", "idle", "eratic", and "fluctuating" as key words in your search parameters. It's all there.
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

tk2269 wrote:i jumps from 500rpm to 2000rpm,itt keeps jumpin until i let da clutch go,den it will stop,but sumetimes even tho i let da clutch go it will still do dat...besides dat it drives normal...itz juz annoying because of da sound...
U know, I bets it beez da Throtta pusition sensa settins, read da faks. Derz a how-to own it in der.
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

Custommx3 wrote:
tk2269 wrote:i jumps from 500rpm to 2000rpm,itt keeps jumpin until i let da clutch go,den it will stop,but sumetimes even tho i let da clutch go it will still do dat...besides dat it drives normal...itz juz annoying because of da sound...
U know, I bets it beez da Throtta pusition sensa settins, read da faks. Derz a how-to own it in der.
U nose, yews cood be rite. ah ah ah, hay, dats mi teepas owtoo ... ah ah ah
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

LMAO :laugh: :laugh:
"So long.. and thanks for all the fish!" "Momma says VW Bugs are the devil" "This one time at band camp.. I stuck a flute in my Throttle Body" ;)
"Screw you guys.. I am goin home"

I am the Cranky God of Mods!!! Tremble before my fury!! LOL
XxantwawnxX

Post by XxantwawnxX »

Asumeing they did not bypass the throttlebody coolant lines. Id check for vacum leaks, and re set the TPS as these others have said.

* * * * * * 92 Mx3 ZET, rear/front swaybars,srd crossmember,HKS SSQV,cold air,ZE with millinia mani and TB and 280cc injectors,INtrax springs with tokiko HP struts, Grounding kit, MotegiTrakLite wheels 17's at 14lbs each, MSnS Running fuel and spark,HEI mod,T3/To4E .60/.63 stage 3 turbine,3rd gen rx7 fuel pump, SSAC Headers/hotpipes ,38 ext tial wastegate, findanza flywheel, SBC TZ clutch/pressureplate,braille11pound battery/ magnum drilled F/R rotors,projectors, CXmotorsports almuminum intercooler.
Drewation

Post by Drewation »

usualy that happends to me when i try and drive hard on my car and the engine is noy at its regular tempature and still climbing or when the coolant was dry. it jumps between 1000-1500 rpms once i push in the clutch to neutral.
*new* 1995 Blaze Red MX-3 GS

http://www.cardomain.com/id/drewationmx3
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

Drewation wrote:usualy that happends to me when i try and drive hard on my car and the engine is noy at its regular tempature and still climbing or when the coolant was dry. it jumps between 1000-1500 rpms once i push in the clutch to neutral.
Sounds like you've got major problems too. Coolant went dry? - :shock:
jbruynson

Post by jbruynson »

jschrauwen wrote:
Drewation wrote:usualy that happends to me when i try and drive hard on my car and the engine is noy at its regular tempature and still climbing or when the coolant was dry. it jumps between 1000-1500 rpms once i push in the clutch to neutral.
Sounds like you've got major problems too. Coolant went dry? - :shock:

mines like that too, coolant is always empty. Filled it up, next day its gone. Took it in, they pressure tested and said no leaks...

Now I just dump some coolant in the rad every once and a while and hope for the best. I get erratic idle when its pretty much empty, thats about it.
Drewation

Post by Drewation »

that was before when my water pump went nothing major happend luckily since i regulary check my heat guage, it never did get to the point of over heating luckily

Drewation

Post by Drewation »

ive now found that if you ride the clutch to about your ideling rpms it wont do that first jump from gear to neatral and wont continuie with any others

max kl

Post by max kl »

it sounds like ur base idle is set to high. it is normal for the idle to go up slightly when u push in the clutch and shift into 1st . if your base idle is to high the engine will surge anytime the ecm raises the rpm for anything. like p/s a/c
or engage the clutch adj. tps and base idle speed should fix
JUDGE ME ALL YOU WANT

93 gs, klde swap, kl trans, strait 2.5'' ehaust, euro front bumper, cold air intake, hei ign ,50 shot &
9.60s n the 8th mile so far 8.50s sprayn now
150 shot
MOSES

Post by MOSES »

jschrauwen wrote:
Custommx3 wrote:
U nose, yews cood be rite. ah ah ah, hay, dats mi teepas owtoo ... ah ah ah
maybe you guys should try editing this in word perfect with spell check, then post it onto here, lol lol

but dont try putting these words through the thesaurus, your computers will crash. lol lol
I've been so unsatisfied with my car since I joined mx3.com.
Seeing all the body kits, rims and engine swaps makes me want to spend all my student loans on my car.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”