The name Mazda

Off-Topic Discussions
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

The name Mazda

Post by Mnemonic »

Ahura Mazda is the abstract and transcendant god of Zoroastrianism, the official religion of ancient Persia until the 7th century. The word "Ahura" approximately equates to "divinity" and "Mazda" to "wisdom".

In Zoroastrianism, Ahura Mazda created the world in six periods. Zoroastrianism teaches that Ahura Mazda created humankind and the human body and mind. Mashya and Mashyana were the first man and woman created by him. Ahura Mazda is further the protector and nourisher of all. For example, according to Zoroastrian tradition, during "the deluge" an underground palace 'Vara of Yima' was built by Ahura Mazda for the protection of all creatures.

Zoroastrians are expected to demonstrate unswerving devotion to Ahura Mazda. A devotees' worship includes bowing, praying and making offerings to Ahura Mazda.

In Zoroastrian religion, Ahura Mazda is known as (approximate English equivalents):

* The Supreme Universal Lord
* The All-pervading
* The Source and the Fountain of life
* The Brilliant
* The Majestic
* The Greatest
* The Best
* The most Beautiful
* The Strongest
* The most Intellectual
* The Highest through Holiness
* The Holiest among the heavenly, who created the world
* The Changeless
* The Mighty
* The Just
* The Merciful
* The most Beneficia

I dont think our manufacture took there name from a god, i think the god took his name from our manufacturer :) I learned that the Mazda was a god in my Mythology class and just thought it would be fun to share.

And it also makes since, OUR CARS ARE POSSESSED BY SOME GOD!!!! :shock:
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)
Thunderstorm

Post by Thunderstorm »

Mazda a God? Hmmm.......!

In that case, every morning when you step out of your house to your car, as you stand before it, remember these words, often "Deeply Intoned" by the Late Goa'uld God, "Apophis".

Jaffa! Kneel before your God!!

or rather....

Driver!! Kneel before your God.

:laugh: :laugh:

Thunderstorm
1998 MX-3 RS 1.6i DOHC "Blackbird". Totally Stock.

The 21st Century is a con; where is my Hovercar?!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2058708
Yoda

Post by Yoda »

Awhile back there was an article in the of the import mags about Mazda. In Japanese the name of the company was written "マツダ or Masuda" and is often still written that way in Japanese automotive magazines today. the founder of the company was Jujiro Matsuda Even before Toyo Cork Kogyo the company that became Mazda as we know it was know as Matsuda Pump Partnership until Masuda-san was force out his own company. Then he started Matsuda Works, an armament manufacturer.
Masuda didn't actually found Toyo Cork Kogyo but was brought in to rebuilt the failing company. He changed it to Toyo Kogyo Kaisha Ltd then to just Toyo Kogyo company in the '20. The name Mazda was only formally adopted in 1984 when Toyo Kogyo Company became Mazda Motor Company. In the magazine article it said that the 60's the America automotive writer misspelled the Masuda spelling it MAZDA instead.

Return to “Off-Topic”