Where can i get cheap mazda spares in UK?

A place for the MX-3 Community in Europe to gather.
DamoV6UK
Location: The little known village of Mortimer near Reading in sunshine drenched England

Where can i get cheap mazda spares in UK?

Post by DamoV6UK »

Im looking for stuff like CV joints/boots and brake anti squeal plates.
Just general maintainence bits really but would rather not pay mazda dealer prices and piss money up the wall!

Also need one piece of pipe for the air con but dont hold up much hope for that cheap unless someone is breaking an mx at the moment...?

Any suggestions of cheap websites etc i could look at would be much appreciated

Damo
MX3 V6 - Modified to include lots of bits such as a Poppy Coral air freshener...
If you see a red MX shattering the tranquility of the Berkshire countryside... Give us a wave!!
rsroadkilla

Post by rsroadkilla »

probably best bet would be to look on ebay. Usually a few people breaking mx3's on there.?
DamoV6UK
Location: The little known village of Mortimer near Reading in sunshine drenched England

Post by DamoV6UK »

yeah iv had a few bits from ebay, just saved myself some money on the aircon pipe!!

im a bit worried about cv joints and boots though, how long do they typically last? if i buy used ones i dont want them to be shagged again in 6 months

just looked at your car pics ptw mate, looking like a big project you got there!!
MX3 V6 - Modified to include lots of bits such as a Poppy Coral air freshener...
If you see a red MX shattering the tranquility of the Berkshire countryside... Give us a wave!!
rsroadkilla

Post by rsroadkilla »

lol. Ebay rules for cheap second hand car parts!!!

Would deffo recomend gettin new cv boots and not used ones!

Some where like cafco should do em?

Yeah its a pretty big project, but its deffo worth it! Dont see any kitted mx3's in the whole uk show scene!!! :)
DamoV6UK

Post by DamoV6UK »

sweet, looks like its gonna get sorted now by a garage i know for a pretty reasonable price.

One thing they cant help with is resetting my camber after i lowered the car.
U know anywhere that would do it around Reading?

i bought a set of camber bolts (car only lowered 35 mm) so should be dead simple job to do but noone seems to want to touch the car.

One garage said i should speak to a bodyshop and it would cost over £200. Hmmmm...

Damo
rsroadkilla

Post by rsroadkilla »

you might be able to get a camber kit from somewhere. If not guess your just going to have to make a point of cswapping the front and the rear tyres every now and again!!!

Quick question... you ever go to Reading cruise on sunday nights mate???

im from reading too! :)
rsroadkilla

Post by rsroadkilla »

DamoV6UK

Post by DamoV6UK »

This is what ive got for camber adjustment.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SPC-Mazd ... enameZWDVW

Only thing is no garage will touch me! Its almost like the trouble you get from garages that refuse to do tracking on lowered cars, if they dont understand they panic and say they wont do it!

Really annoying as ive got the kit sat on my desk at work but noone will fit the bloody things!!! Would have a go myself but i havent got the gear to measure the adjustment and make sure its set right.

Havent really done cruise scene round reading btw, only moved down here 6 months ago and still findin my feet, where does it all happen tho?
rsroadkilla

Post by rsroadkilla »

it did all used to happen at reading gate retail park. But it's all been ended now as some thick c+*t smashed into jjb and robbed loads s---!!!

Join up to http://www.teamshock.co.uk mate. All the latest meets that hapen in and around Reading are on there. Come over and say hello! were a nice bunch and i could do with some company! :P

Reading jap meet is always good in the summer!
DamoV6UK

Post by DamoV6UK »

I gotta get me to some meets, ill keep my eyes on http://www.teamshock.co.uk see if anything comes up. deffo jap meet in summer fella!
jollyroger1965

CV Joint/Boot

Post by jollyroger1965 »

here you go mate....found your CV Joints/Boots here http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CV-JOINT-BOOT-KIT ... dZViewItem
Si1verBullet

Post by Si1verBullet »

Bump to this topic !

Goddam Mazda take the piss. 350 quid for *one* cv joint. Not even a whole axle. Anyone know a pattern part manufactuer for mazda ?

Drive parts online have them new for 20 pounds :
http://www.driveshaftparts.co.uk/pages/2,Products.html

Anyone know of any others ?

The reason the garages won't touch you is that their tracking rigs work off the rear wheels being perfect and the front wheels having no camber.

What you need for camber adjustment is a bodyshop that does crash repairs. They have computers and lasers hooked up to rigs on the wheel and can set camber, caster, toe and tracking on all four wheels. The online manual has the specs, print it off and hand it to them.

I have used them before after modifying suspension to get the car tracking true again.

Cost should be 50-60 quid, and is well worth having as the car will drive perfectly straight and true.

Look for companies that have coachworks, crash repair or similar and offer jigging services.
DamoV6UK

Post by DamoV6UK »

after sorting my problems with parts i would reccomend giving your local cafco or partco a call, they were both pretty good when i called them.

Ive got a bodyshop mate of mine that thinks hes got all the laser goodies to sort my camber etc out, lets wait and see....

Return to “European MX-3 Community”