Front License plate bracket?

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
markbrad

Front License plate bracket?

Post by markbrad »

I am new to the site. My son's MX3 came to Ohio from Florida. The Buckeye State requires a front plate. Where or how do I get a bracket and how does it mount? Thanks for the help.
Bochek

Post by Bochek »

wow, never thought about that, i actually dont know how they mount, i would take a pic of it for you only i wont be seeing my car until thursday night.

if you dont have a anser by then il look it up for you.

Bochek
ovendenk
Supporting Member

Post by ovendenk »

there should be two small indents in the bumper. here's a pic of the front of mine to show you the position of them. btw, only the top is screwed in.

kevin (aka The Oven)
93 mx-3 GS KL-ZE with KL31 cams and properly chipped ecu
All mods are on my website: http://ca.geocities.com/ovendenk
MX-3.com Worklog: http://www.mx-3.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=48462
mr1in6billion
Supporting Member

Post by mr1in6billion »

there is a small metal plate on the inside of the bumper (maybe) that is threaded. There should also be two small holes for the screws to go through (exactly like Ovendenks picture). If the holes have been filled in and the plate is missing you could just drill your own holes and you should be fine.

Personally I like my car without the plate. Even though it's illegal around here too, cops won't tag you for it unless your being an a--. Not to mention it's only $10 ticket.

Also, if your apologetic and polite to a cop who has just pulled you over they generally will give you the fix it ticket over whatever you messed up on.
markbrad

Post by markbrad »

I need to get the plates next week. I found the two indented areas on the bumper face. What kind and size screws? Are they threaded machine screws or a large sheet metal like screw? Thanks for the help.
freakyalien

Post by freakyalien »

My holes are just holes in the bumper, no metal plates behind them...I wonder if my bumper wasn't original, then....
Vroooom
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

markbrad wrote:I need to get the plates next week. I found the two indented areas on the bumper face. What kind and size screws? Are they threaded machine screws or a large sheet metal like screw? Thanks for the help.
I believe it's a 6mm threaded bolt. Hopefully it hasn't been compromised by improper mounting bolts.
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
markbrad

Post by markbrad »

I drilled through the two dimples in the bumper face and saw a metal plate. The 6MM x 1.0 screw threaded in a couple pf turns then stopped. I never could determine if it was the correct thread or not. Unfortunately the plate ended up falling into the bumper. Bigger holes squared off and plastic inserts solved the problem.
precidian

Post by precidian »

I mounted my plate off to one side on the car. It is supported from behind with a lower plate frame from a Honda Civic. Then that is mounted to a bar that is screwed to the inside of the stock rebar.
Tom S. - '94 MX-3 GS-X Sparkle Green

I say, Ahmed. What is that thing you do when you're about to assassinate an infidel?

Return to “Appearance”