ZE IM gaskets?

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
ghandi1492

ZE IM gaskets?

Post by ghandi1492 »

Replacing my valve cover gaskets on my ZE and need to know which intake manifold gaskets fit properly. Read on probetalk that the 97-98 mazda millenia IM gaskets work, but i wanted to comfirm if they work with the mx-3 style IM on the ZE.

Thanks!

AJ
93_mx3_gs

Post by 93_mx3_gs »

All you need to be concerned with is they are square or round ports.
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

If you have square ports, the Millenia KL gaskets will work as they are the same IM.

If they are rounds, get some 93-96 Probe GT ones.
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

Isn't AJ's dilemma is that he's running a K8 IM on a ZE and wants to know which way to go with IM manifold gaskets although he didn't quite word it that way.
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
ghandi1492

Post by ghandi1492 »

Well the reason i was asking was that i wanted to order the gaskets before I took the manifold off....and i dont know if they are square or round ports.....when i ordered my ZE from sun's engines, i told them it was going into an mx-3 so they shipped it with the curved neck IM....got the VC gaskets today from mazda as they had them in stock.......planning on replacing them this sat. .maybe i should just order both types and return the ones i dont use...lol

AJ
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

jschrauwen wrote:Isn't AJ's dilemma is that he's running a K8 IM on a ZE and wants to know which way to go with IM manifold gaskets although he didn't quite word it that way.
Either way, he'll want the 95-98 Millenia gaskets. Pick the bigger gaskets for the larger of the two holes. Otherwise, you'll be trying to seal where there's no metal to hold the gasket up.
ccreech

Post by ccreech »

Either way, he'll want the 95-98 Millenia gaskets. Pick the bigger gaskets for the larger of the two holes. Otherwise, you'll be trying to seal where there's no metal to hold the gasket up.
Word! bigger is better! At least that's what she said.
I bought 95 Millenia gaskets and they worked fine....D-shaped.
They will match up to both better.
93 GS KLZE Straight Neck (Parked)
Green Turd of MOCA
Car Domain
ghandi1492

Post by ghandi1492 »

thanks! ill be getting the 95 millenia ones..........

AJ
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

ccreech wrote:
Chris, I noticed you're running a straight neck IM. How did you overcome getting by the brake MC? I also noticed that you only dyno'd 160.4hp, isn't that a bit low for a ZE?
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

jschrauwen wrote:
ccreech wrote:
Chris, I noticed you're running a straight neck IM. How did you overcome getting by the brake MC? I also noticed that you only dyno'd 160.4hp, isn't that a bit low for a ZE?
160 is about right. Most bone stock KLDE's only dyno 130WHP. 170 is about the realistic max with all the bolt ons before getting crazy.
ghandi1492

Post by ghandi1492 »

ccreech wrote:
thanks for the info......the 95 millenia gaskets worked like a champ!!!!!!!

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”