Rebuilding my mx-3

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
whitezombie666

Rebuilding my mx-3

Post by whitezombie666 »

I'm thinkin of rebuilding my mx-3 and i was just wondering whether or not it would be a good or if it would be too much work
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

rebuilding engine or body? what are you talking about. And post only once, no need to post in every forum
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
ovendenk
Supporting Member

Post by ovendenk »

based on the info from your other post, i think you need to be a little more realistic about your goals with your car. rebuilding an mx-3 would not only take years of work, but also you'd need to win the lottery i believe. rebuilding an engine on the other hand can be done if you know the right people and have a good chunk of change sitting around.

maybe you should be clearer about how detailed of a rebuild you are talking about in either case and then maybe you can get a better answer.
kevin (aka The Oven)
93 mx-3 GS KL-ZE with KL31 cams and properly chipped ecu
All mods are on my website: http://ca.geocities.com/ovendenk
MX-3.com Worklog: http://www.mx-3.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=48462
whitezombie666

!!

Post by whitezombie666 »

i'm just talking about rebuilding the engine and what ever i feel like redoing under the car and the only thing i'm doing with the body is getting a body kit whats so not realistic about that??
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

well bopdy wise? hmm i always have gotten negative resposes from any forum, reason being i guess its because wherever area you are located and how accessible parts are. Some people may say that an mx3 is unbuildable because it has front damage to the frame.. yet it is fixable but would obiously cost hundresds of dollars toi have it fixed,, HOWEVER an example i can use. I had an 87 nissan maxima. crashed to a truck, the front passenger side was gone, wupte from the shop 700 dllrs JUST to get the front frame together and install another pillar, i took it to a place i know charges me 50 dllrs, showed me how he did it and bam I did the rest, it cost me around 200 dllrs to fix at a way where it looked like if had never been crashed. It just all depends on what resourses you have available and how stubborn u are (like me) You dont need to sped thousands of dollars and nothing is impossible. When my car burned out the first post suggested i scrap the car, now it runs good ..has problems but nothing related to the fire.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
fieromx3
Supporting Member

Post by fieromx3 »

if u wanna do it do it anything can be done it seems alot of ppl on these forums now are so dam negative
93' MX-3 GS-ZE
14.4 @ 96.7
14.5 @ 97.2
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

Specify what engine you have so this can be put in the proper forum.
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Re: Rebuilding my mx-3

Post by jschrauwen »

whitezombie666 wrote:I'm thinkin of rebuilding my mx-3 and i was just wondering whether or not it would be a good or if it would be too much work
A non specific answer to a non specific question - too much work.
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
Legato626

Post by Legato626 »

the time i spent so far on my mx-3 the work was really easy not to hard. Well i am not done with the engine swap yet! =)
1994 toyota supra single turbo
1994 Mazda MX-3 KL-ZE

If god owned a car... It would be a supra!!!
ovendenk
Supporting Member

Re: !!

Post by ovendenk »

whitezombie666 wrote:I'm thinkin of rebuilding my mx-3 and i was just wondering whether or not it would be a good or if it would be too much work
whitezombie666 wrote:i'm just talking about rebuilding the engine and what ever i feel like redoing under the car and the only thing i'm doing with the body is getting a body kit whats so not realistic about that??
these are two different statements. "rebuilding my mx-3" is not at all the same as "what ever i feel like redoing under the car" and "getting a body kit". 'rebuilding' a car involves exactly that, taking it completely apart and building it from the ground up. if you want to be non-specific, don't be surprised when you get a post that is not specific to your aspirations for your car.

again, specify how much of a rebuild you are attempting with either the car or engine and we can help you figure out how much work is involved. you can only get as much output as you put input. :roll:
kevin (aka The Oven)
93 mx-3 GS KL-ZE with KL31 cams and properly chipped ecu
All mods are on my website: http://ca.geocities.com/ovendenk
MX-3.com Worklog: http://www.mx-3.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=48462
tical

Post by tical »

ill tell u from expereince.........do your suspension. ive never seen a car take a back road like my mx did.............full racing suspension........great stuff.............but id go with the klze, i think that was just talked about but its a good deal and very capable of laying down some power. but remember, you wont get through the first turn if your not "reallistic" about things..........once u mod something, u create whats called the weakest link, this occurs when u strenthen one of many conected (working together) components...........once u start with the upgrades, they better come quick inbetween inless u plan on doin it all at once. i went through 4 sets of drive axles. of course they were always the stock ones. i had a stage 3 clutch, lightened flywheel, mazda speed motor mounts, and about 65 more horses under the hood.......and thats only things that would interfere with the axles........i had plenty more mods.........but to answer your question about the mx-3 bein worth it............HELL YES....I WOULD GLADLY PAY THE $20,000 DAMAGE SUSTAINED TO MY CAR, IF I HAD IT.....but thats a whole other forum.... :( but of course it would never run right with the frame damage. thats why it was quoted so high..........
anyways, good luck on whatever it is u are planning to do, and i hope it doesnt blow up in your face after draining 12,000 and 4 years of your life into it......oh...sorry, guess i got a little carried away.........damn it, i miss my mx-3 :(
93' Mx-3 GS, repainted laguna blue with pearl, 18 inch wheels (white) with Falcon ZE512 ruppers, custom headers with 2 1/4 inch exhaust, ported TB and intake manifold, ACT clutch, and ground-control coil-overs.
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

I dont think any of us will ever be don with the mx3, its an aswesome car to work on.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”