Warning lights flash when I have low Gas

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
MikeUK
Forum Moderator

Warning lights flash when I have low Gas

Post by MikeUK »

Ive noticed a few time that when my gas is really low my warning lights flash once, this is while im driving so I have no idea if they flash on the out side too. Is this normal or am I gona have problems?

Has any one else noticed a single flash of the hazard lights while driving?

Also does any one have a low gas indication light? The reverse glow guages have a small area where a light might have been placed.
DizzeeRascal

Post by DizzeeRascal »

when i first got my mx3 i filled it then ran it bone dry and when i got low a smal orange light came on and stayed on until i refueled..

i got a 93 gs 5speed
...like a fat kid on a smartie
Grants
BANNED Member

Post by Grants »

“You’ll find, that the only thing you can do easily is be wrong, and that’s hardly worth the effort.”
atlantamx3
Supporting Member

Post by atlantamx3 »

Hey Grants.. what would you think about switching steering wheels with me?

I have a MOMO wheel/hub adapter and an old style mazda logo (the circle with the lowercase m in it) horn button.. I would LOVE to send it to you & then you send me your wheel!

:wink: :wink:
~Perry
Please visit
http://www.mx3-atlanta.com
Grants
BANNED Member

Post by Grants »

You got a pic of yours? There could be people interested...
“You’ll find, that the only thing you can do easily is be wrong, and that’s hardly worth the effort.”
patdesign

Post by patdesign »

That's really wierd. Never heard of that.
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

Grants wrote:Image
Until I got my Mazdaspeed one I would have considered the same thing, but not now.
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
mr1in6billion
Supporting Member

Post by mr1in6billion »

Best.Wheel.Ever

too bad i'll probly never have a chance to use it again =/

Even tho I don't have an airbag i'd rather have my head
hit a chunk of rubber than a honk of steel.
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

MikeUK wrote:Ive noticed a few time that when my gas is really low my warning lights flash once, this is while im driving so I have no idea if they flash on the out side too. Is this normal or am I gona have problems?
Has any one else noticed a single flash of the hazard lights while driving?
Also does any one have a low gas indication light? The reverse glow guages have a small area where a light might have been placed.
Never ever noticed a flash of the hazard lights for that indication. Grant's pic shows the NA and AU Spec indicator location. You're spot on with the small hole on the reverse glow gauges since I think most of them are manufactured in the US. I thought for some reason that the E-Spec MX's don't have that small "Low Fuel" warning light like on the NA and AU Spec MX's. Perhaps that hazard flash is indication is correct??? Since there are a number of other differences with dash light indications (fog lights, CEL etc)

mr1in6billion wrote: Even tho I don't have an airbag i'd rather have my head hit a chunk of rubber than a honk of steel.
The Mazdaspeed steering wheel comes with a cushioned cover (which I have) that fits over the metal steering wheel spokes and also retains the use of the horn. Safety regs in Japan required this and Mazdaspeed came up with this removable cover to get by those regs. I like your safety conscious approach though.
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
Flashpoint2

Post by Flashpoint2 »

Incidently, my MX doesnt have a low fuel warning light. Kinda surprised by that.. Apparently the 96 RS just didnt get one....?
1996 MX-3 RS - Sold.
2004 RX-8 GS - Yay!
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

Flashpoint2 wrote:Incidently, my MX doesnt have a low fuel warning light. Kinda surprised by that.. Apparently the 96 RS just didnt get one....?
I didn't know that either. This added to other things like electronic/mechanical tachs, cruise on/off where the EU Foggies on/off is and different warning indicators depending if it's NA, AU, J and EU Spec. On the surface they look the same but obviously there are subtle differences/configurations.
Aston Wards

Post by Aston Wards »

Just a possibility....., perhaps the gauges were wired incorrectly...., what happens when you hit the hazard lights!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
91 Eunos Presso KF-ZE
89 Nissan 300ZX TT 2+2
90 Nissan 300ZX TT 2+0
MikeUK
Forum Moderator

Post by MikeUK »

I thought that but Its not a wire problem, the car is totally fine. Hazards work too.
Chemical

Post by Chemical »

I posted about this a while back. Mines a 96 E spec V6. I've got no light and have run it pretty low but no hazard light warning or anything else.. just the worry that I'd run out of petrol. :roll:
precidian

Post by precidian »

Running it so low to a point of almost being out of gas or even having the low fuel light come on is not good. Especially for the fuel pump. This is a good way of shortening the life of the fule pump itself. The gasoline provides cooling for the pump.

just my 2 cents worth,
Tom S. - '94 MX-3 GS-X Sparkle Green

I say, Ahmed. What is that thing you do when you're about to assassinate an infidel?

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”