New Engine

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
MX3driver
BANNED Member

New Engine

Post by MX3driver »

alright everyone, I've look, and I havn't found anything as particluar as I need this to be.
this will be my first engine replacement.
I need to take the engine out of my mx3 which is a 1.6L.. fairly simply.. i think. However, the engine im getting, is also a 1.6L and it's just a replacement for the one i've got now. I need to put it in, now my wiring and everything is still excellent from my old engine.. so do I just take the wiring off the engine itself, leave it connected to everything else, and just replace the block and reconnect the wiring?
if someone could give me a completely detailed info sesson or link to it, that would be perfect.. all I've found on here is complete swaps.. I guess im only really doing half a swap lol
thanks, and be patient if it is on here somewhere and i've missed it, although I couldn't have!!
Craig!
Ive been banned for moronic childish behavior.
Shades

Post by Shades »

It's just unplug, and then plug and play... no extra stuff is needed.

If you're gonna change the timing belt, which you should and various other things you should change, do it while the engine is out.
JoN - Ex-Automotive Machinist Journeyman/Refrigeration Mechanic Apprentice
1996 Mazda MX-3 RS - Creek Blue Mica

RACING BP fully built with Twin Scroll GT3071R TURBO @ +30psi - Specs and Pictures

"Do it ONCE, do it RIGHT!"
93_mx3_gs

Post by 93_mx3_gs »

Shades wrote:It's just unplug, and then plug and play... no extra stuff is needed.

If you're gonna change the timing belt, which you should and various other things you should change, do it while the engine is out.
Werd to that. Nothing more a pain in the a-- than changing a timing belt while motor is still in the car. Ok..maybe a few things but not many.
mitsudriver

Post by mitsudriver »

If you don't mind my asking where did you get your new engine and how much was it. I need a replacement for my mx3 right now and am having a hard time finding a new or even used one for less than what a crate v8 would cost.

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”