Drivers side lock

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
Casey Gardiner

Drivers side lock

Post by Casey Gardiner »

Lately I’ve been having some problems with the drivers side door lock. It seems to be stuck in place and I’m unable to unlock my door from the driver’s side. Its kinda a pain and would like to find some way to fix this.

Does or has anyone had somewhat of the same problem as me? If so is there anyway to fix it relatively cheaply? I might be considering remote locks. Would it just be worth more to do this upgrade now instead of fixing the lock? How hard is it to do this upgrade?

Thanks everyone!
Casey Gardiner
'93 Mazda MX-3
DizzeeRascal

Post by DizzeeRascal »

i have the same problem but only when its cold out...the passenger side is fine in any condition but the drivers side has problems...

i havent fixed mine...
...like a fat kid on a smartie
twoie1

Post by twoie1 »

have you tried to lubricate the lock?
Casey Gardiner

Post by Casey Gardiner »

I've done it.
Casey Gardiner
'93 Mazda MX-3
Devilhog

Post by Devilhog »

Ive tried everything on mine and I still cant get my drivers side to unlock from the outside in cold weather. The passenger is also pretty bad when cold out.

I wake up 15 minutes early just so I have an extra 15 mins to get my car open grr.
Grants
BANNED Member

Post by Grants »

Lazy
“You’ll find, that the only thing you can do easily is be wrong, and that’s hardly worth the effort.”
ariesdude

Post by ariesdude »

Devilhog wrote:Ive tried everything on mine and I still cant get my drivers side to unlock from the outside in cold weather. The passenger is also pretty bad when cold out.

I wake up 15 minutes early just so I have an extra 15 mins to get my car open grr.
I had a similar problem - i ended up disassembling some of the lock mechanisms and linkages and cleaning them with alcohol. What happened was - the black sticky sealant thing (that is used to hold the plastic cover inside the door panel) had dripped on the linkages. That sticky thing would harden in cold weather and made it impossible to open the door (because the links wouldnt move). After i cleaned them they work like new.
94 Mx-3 Precidia
1.8L 4Cyl DOHC newGen BP (used to be B6DE) ATX
http://www.mx-3.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=54032
http://www.cardomain.com/id/ariesdude
1992blazeredgs

Post by 1992blazeredgs »

I had the same problem with my driver side lock, i sprayed the crap out of it with wd40 and it works like new.

Nate
Looking for another Red GS.
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

mine has same problem. Month ago lock quit, now I get in the car from passenger side.
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”