Power Stearing

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
happyclown

Power Stearing

Post by happyclown »

So the problem isn't with my mazda but, I figured it cant hurt to ask...

My powerstearing is leaking. Are their any good ways of finding out where it might be? Are their and products that will help stop leaks like that stuff you put in with coolant to stop leaks?

thanks
1993 RS Teal
jimishadow

Post by jimishadow »

find the leak by cleaning off and watch where new fluid leaks from then decide what to fix
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

Well if it isnt your mazda.. what kind of car is it?

Tunes67
"So long.. and thanks for all the fish!" "Momma says VW Bugs are the devil" "This one time at band camp.. I stuck a flute in my Throttle Body" ;)
"Screw you guys.. I am goin home"

I am the Cranky God of Mods!!! Tremble before my fury!! LOL
azazel95

Post by azazel95 »

Don't use that sealer stuff that you pour in. It clogs up your internals. Sure it stops the leak but I think it should only be used in emergencies.
happyclown

Post by happyclown »

Its a '94 Mercury Cougar XR7, 3.8 v6 RWD

The weather here has been horrible and its a big car so I havnt had many oppertunities to jack it up and take a look at it. Is there ways to flush PS fluid? I put some more in about an hour ago and the fluid in there looks nasty... its a dark muddy color. The fluid i've been addin for the past month is a clearish blue but when I pour it in it doesnt stay that color.

Is there any way coolant or oil could be getting mixed in? I know I have a coolant leak somewhere but that would make it green. I think my oils fine...
1993 RS Teal
95 rs

Post by 95 rs »

well more then likily it will be a power streeing hose and well when or if you replace one you pretty much empty the p/s system. so you will have new p/s fluid. it might be a dark color due to the fact that you might have mixxed 2 different types of fluids. i know at work ( a ford dealership) we use atf in pretty much ever p/s system. it may be possible that you had atf in the system and you used this blueish color liquid whick could make it a darker color. and no coolant cannot get into the p/s. i hope this helps....
95 rs with custom short ram air, b&m short throw shifter, probe 2.0L header with 2 1/4" exhaust all the way back, catco high flow cat, apc high flow muffler with 4.5" tip, accel 8 mm wires, blaze red, cf altezzas, gun metal 17" mr7s, slotted cross drilled rotors on the way with hawk hps pads, red and white interior, other then that its stock.

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”