What to do

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
CarMan1

What to do

Post by CarMan1 »

ok, so i got a big thing to debate...

im going to have around 6k to drop on either another car, OR my mx-3....

now comes the question. Do i want to almost completely rebuild my car, having to learn alot about performance and things on the way... or do i want to buy a new car... The first thing i would do is look at doing a BP swap.. im not worried about doing the engine swap, thats ez, its the wires/wireing that is needed... then maybe a turbo setup ..*shrug* im not new to performance, ive just never done the tuning and stuff..

im also not a newb to turbo's, ive just never installed/had a car with a turbo, but i know really well how they work... i could install it NP, it would be setting everything else up....

let me know what u guys think.. id like to keep my car, cuz with that kind of money i could make it alot nicer then starting over with another car..
LooseChangeRacing

Post by LooseChangeRacing »

Lol, for 6k, I could body kit, paintjob, rims, BPT with upgraded turbo(250WHP min), brand new suspension and prolly some interior, but I dont have to pay for labor and paintjobs are CHEAP. You could easily get away with most of this stuff, just price it out and you'll be suprized.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2385931/4
Car Name - Elsie (LC)
Car Type - 92 Black RS Stock 190k
Car Name - (yet to be decided)
Car Type - 93 (soon Black) GS KLZE 130k
93_mx3_gs

Post by 93_mx3_gs »

A upgraded turbo alone won't do anything if you don't properly tune the other components like wastegate, boost controller. More PSI = more power.

You should get a KLZE and turbo it instead and pop about 300 HP out of it. Blow a BP out of the water =)

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”