Crappy Acceleration

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
Bumpysbro
Supporting Member

Crappy Acceleration

Post by Bumpysbro »

Since about 3 weeks ago my car has been accelerating really crappy, and in either 3rd, 4rth, or 5th i press in the gas just a lil and nothing then i just stomp on it and theres no difference, ive been with this car for a long time and i can tell if somethings wacked out. TPS? sounds like its air related like i press the gas the valve opens and the ECU doesnt think its opened fully? thats all i can think of or maybe a messed up clutch cuz in first and second my RPMS jump really really quick like way too quick and in later gears its way too slow. hmmm maybe timing? just throwing stuff out there any ideas will be great thnx :)
Jon
1995 mazda Mx-3 RS 1.6liter DOHC B6-DE
RazorMX-3

Post by RazorMX-3 »

When you step on the throttle does your rpm go up??? Then it's maybe your clutch.
highlife

Post by highlife »

I recently had a sudden change in performance - the timing belt stripped teeth and slipped. Put a light on it see if its off, easy check.
Bumpysbro
Supporting Member

Post by Bumpysbro »

naw the rpms dont go up either, theres just no power. the speedometer barely even moves up and so does the rpms and takes me like 15 seconds to go from 50-65. dont make since, ya ill check the teeth today thnx for that didnt think of it
1995 mazda Mx-3 RS 1.6liter DOHC B6-DE

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”