-

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
BatMX3Man

-

Post by BatMX3Man »

-
Last edited by BatMX3Man on August 10th, 2021, 2:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
slimmyslim1420

Post by slimmyslim1420 »

Sound like the clutch is getting ready to go. Maybe the throwout bearing or your fork might be bad. If you look a little further down in this forum theres a guy who had similar probs and there is a list of what need to be done to get it fixed. Its title is weird v6 gear box prob. Anyway I hope you get it straightend out.
1992 GS ZE swap 94 dash swap drilled and slotted rotors full ceramic pads CS SS clutch and brake lines KL-36 ecu zx-2 tokico struts eibach springs short shifter Tenzo exhaust Hi flow cat 2.5 in piping
93_mx3_gs

Post by 93_mx3_gs »

Many possible problems. Need to make sure the slave is getting fluid to drive the piston, make sure the pilot is good, throw out bearing is good. Theres a few different things that can cause that.

If you say no pressure felt in the clutch, I would say either a possible leak in the master or slave or, a possible shot slave-Not too sure though.

I would just do some general inspections around the tranny and look for any 'wetness' looks. If none, damn. Next would be the slave could be seized - keep in mind 'could'
Grants
BANNED Member

Post by Grants »

I had one where the fluid "bypassed" the piston. Needed a kit through the master cylinder. Exactly the same symptoms.
“You’ll find, that the only thing you can do easily is be wrong, and that’s hardly worth the effort.”
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

93_mx3_gs wrote: I would say either a possible leak. I would just do some general inspections around the tranny and look for any 'wetness' looks.
Good call "gs". Lets take a look at the brake reservoir and ensure it's up to the correct fill line since the clutch draws its fluid from there also. Is this occurance happening when you're on a steep incline?
Since this happened all of a sudden and you didn't mention that this was a progessive situation, I'm leaning toward a split in the rubber clutch line. My rubber clutch line that spans the gap from the master cylinder to the tranny solid steel line had burst on me a few years back and I encountered the same thing - an almost immediate surprise of having the clutch go straight to the floor. Dangerous thing to continue driving when this happens since you can drain enough fluid out of the reservoir when pumping the clutch to have your brakes disappear too. Get a second person to look in the engine bay while you pump the clutch while the engine is running. Like "gs" said look for wet spots on the tranny also near the front portion where the slave cylinder is. If it's the rubber line it will be hard to discern since the fluid will leak almost straight to the ground. These cars are getting quite old and these little forgotten items will fatigue over time, use and the environment they are in. g/l
*John*
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
BatMX3Man

Post by BatMX3Man »

-
Last edited by BatMX3Man on August 10th, 2021, 2:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
markmclean

Post by markmclean »

This can also be cuased by a pinhole leak in the slave bellows, a combination of low fluid and an air being drawn into the line. try bleeding the slave cylinder.if theres a puddle thats pretty good indication .

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”