remote wire for amp?

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
tk2269

remote wire for amp?

Post by tk2269 »

hi my cd player got stolen a couple dayz ago n now i have to put my stock cd player back in n how do i wire my system to a stock deck?
Aston Wards

Post by Aston Wards »

well..., my stock system was probably different from yours, but it is highly unlikely either had a dedicated remote amp wire...., however, yours probably has an antenna wire which will do the same thing. Go to MX3.com, im pretty sure there is a key to the stock stereo wiring harness colours on there....., if not then, it's bound to have been posted a few times before.
91 Eunos Presso KF-ZE
89 Nissan 300ZX TT 2+2
90 Nissan 300ZX TT 2+0
mr1in6billion
Supporting Member

Post by mr1in6billion »

Use the ACC wire instead of the antenna wire. Some antenna wires only show + when the radio is on, turning your cd player into a dedicated radio. The ACC will turn both your CD player and your Amp on at the same time (provided your using the stock harness). Chances are your also going to have to use the high volt imputs on your amp since stock systems rarely have rca outputs. Hopefully your amp has a harness for the high volt imputs, if not you pretty much will have to get a new deck. :(

Sorry to hear about this. I had the deck in my civic stolen a few days after I had wired it, so I know how it feels. I wasn't really mad about losing the deck (it was a piece of s---), but about all those hours wasted wiring it up. Karma will catch up with them one day.
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

It is the blue wire on the radio harness if I remember correctly... (or maybe I used a blue wire to run to my amp, but I usually try and keep the color the same)
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”