Monza and High Flow?

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
psyense82

Monza and High Flow?

Post by psyense82 »

im lookin into the Pacesetter Monza Cat Back Exhaust kit. my question is this... is there a high flow cat for SOHC 4cyl mx? they post one on ebay.. but never trust that.

also wanderin.... which is better PRM Pro Kit Intake featured on corksport.... or a CAI?
*note i will not be doing the rx7 hatch conversion, id rather get a BP*
Black4CylMX3

Post by Black4CylMX3 »

Not sure about the high flow cat, getting mine off ebay...along with the monza pacesetter exhaust off another website. So if i get them soon i'll let you know how it works out.

And in my opinion, i think the CAI would be better but i have yet to find a CAI for my mx-3 (4cy DOHC)
Focal

Post by Focal »

i have a CAI for my 1.6L DOHC i will show pics if you need. I just added a K&N filter to the intake tubing
rockykarlos

Post by rockykarlos »

pacesetter = crap :P
mazda protege lx 95
mazda 323 93
freyguy_412

Post by freyguy_412 »

Focal wrote:i have a CAI for my 1.6L DOHC i will show pics if you need. I just added a K&N filter to the intake tubing

:confused2:
A Cold Air Intake involves removing the filter from the engine bay so it can actually get some cold air... if you just added a filter where I imagine you did it's just sucking hot air.

The cold air intake kit off of ebay for the SOHC will fit DOHC's. Got one on mine.
It might be slow, but it's not a civic!
Limegreen mx-3

Post by Limegreen mx-3 »

u want to see CAI check my website my filter sticking out my driver side bumper and no am not a dumbass that drive's it like that when it rains i dissconect it from up top spend to much money to get motor lock cause i left it on.
(12.4@118@18psi) 92 MX-3, KIA (BP-DE)Swap, Electromotive TEC II Standalone, 8,200 Rev Limit, Custom Intake/Exhaust Manifold, 1,000cc PTE Injectors, Custom Fuel Rail, Aeromotive FPR, 80MM Holley TB, MSD 8.5MM Wires, NGK V-Power #8, SC6262 Turbo, 3 in. DownPipe, Tial WG/BOV, 600HP PTE FMIC, 2.5IN Intercooler Piping, EQUUS/Autometer KIA G-Series Tran, Extreme ACT Clutch, Built BP in starting process.
psyense82

Post by psyense82 »

i know what a CAI installed looks like an mx-3... been doin research for 2 years almost.. ive been waiting to get my car paid off before installing anything. i was jus wanderin which would be more of a performance upgrade the CAI or Pro Kit Intake... i know what the CAI looks like installed.

and the "Pacesetter is Crap" cheapest thing i can find...... why what would u suggest......
*note i will not be doing the rx7 hatch conversion, id rather get a BP*

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”