Crap-Co Cat-Converter

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
yvan

Crap-Co Cat-Converter

Post by yvan »

summit part # CTO-4540, this is indee one nasty cat-converter.. first time installing it..it pass e-mission np. drove the car for about 2 month, being a curious cat.. i wanted to know how well it'll do. so took it to emission testing just to see how good it ran.. it fail!!!, nox went up 100%. wtf..got me thinking for awhile. did some gas analysising..before the cat.. and after the cat.. almost no different.. nox,,hc..co all ran the same. of course tempt didn't change at all..it actually got cooler after the cat..

make long stroy short... anyoneelse ever experience this problem with that cat on their ze. i'm going to try a borla cat...and see how that goes..
93' blue mx-3, klze curve neck, kl36ecu, all the upgrade possible/out turbo.
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

Borla may be a better choice. Of course, if it's fairly free flowing than you really aren't going to improve matters that much. A more restrictive cat AND muffler should be adequate considering your 2 test scenarios. Have you considered Magna Flow Cat and Muffler for your ZE?
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

I'm not a big fan of Magnaflow. I've had problems with their passing emisions tests (indirectly) Just my .02

Anyway, that is the second crappy part I've heard about from Summit this week. One of our MOCA members got a battery relocation kit from them and the battery box will not fit the battery tie down.... WTF! It is a Summit brand too. You'd think they would test their own crap before selling it with their name...
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”