whats wrong with gm especially cavy?

Off-Topic Discussions
fieromx3
Supporting Member

whats wrong with gm especially cavy?

Post by fieromx3 »

whats wrong with cavy why do ppl hate them? give an HONEST opinion and whats so bad about them? dont say like its gm, or there is to many no crap like that be realistic i just wanna know why so many hate them and not just u mx-3ers

like what do u guys think of gm in general? whats bad about them except for the thousands of jobs being lost. but i know one of u guys will point out the crappy interior which yea i know is cheap quality also say stuff like their engines which are good except the quad 4 which is powerful but unreliable.

just give a honest but REALISTIC opinion
dont flame me for makin this post!
93' MX-3 GS-ZE
14.4 @ 96.7
14.5 @ 97.2
Vanished

Post by Vanished »

well I've just grown up thinking "Imports are made to last, american cars are made to break"

Now this is slightly true. GM vehicles never hold they're value, and imports due. Parts for imports are alittle more expensive because they are made with utmost care and quality.

It could also be that GM had the idea that if they made things so they woudl evnetually break that they would make more buisness, but I'm not sure if this is true or not. Just a theory of why gm's suck a huge wang.

TK <---- OUT
1992 Blaze MX-3 GS *R.I.P.*

1993 Blue 93 SE-ZE

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2770987/2
nos92mx3
Supporting Member

Post by nos92mx3 »

Nothing wrong with the cavalier except i think they are ugly and are not meant to be a performance machine...
Ever seen the rods to a 2.2 or a 2.4?
Farking puny
92' Rs-t b6t/De - RIP

93' Rs-t BPT - Sold

03' WRB wrx Wagon - Current
95 rs

Post by 95 rs »

i dont have much against them... my bro has a sunfire and well its a pretty fun car to drive at times. and well no cars are perfect they all have bad points to them and well not all import parts are made great. some are made poorly. i think its all in prefrence for what you look for in a car. Im seriously thinking of getting rid of my mx3 in the spring time due to the amount of money i have put into it over the past 2 and a half years($8000 cdn) in repairs. my brother works at the gm dealership here and i work at the ford one and well theres nothing special at ford that i like that i can afford. so im thinking of an 06 cobalt ss supercharged. I priced one out and it came to $31,000 cdn and the guy said that he would drop it to about $26 000 cdn because my brother works there. so i am really considering it due to the fact i am not getting ahead with my car im only getting farther behind. and well the import parts where i am are very hard to find and most of the time you have to wait a week and where as domestic parts are pretty much in stock. thats the big kicker for me since i need my car to get to work everyday. so yah there are pro and cons to everything. thats my .02 tho.
95 rs with custom short ram air, b&m short throw shifter, probe 2.0L header with 2 1/4" exhaust all the way back, catco high flow cat, apc high flow muffler with 4.5" tip, accel 8 mm wires, blaze red, cf altezzas, gun metal 17" mr7s, slotted cross drilled rotors on the way with hawk hps pads, red and white interior, other then that its stock.
fieromx3
Supporting Member

Post by fieromx3 »

get the cobalt ss they r quick! the n/a cobalt automatic beat 3 of us ze mx-3's and i raced a ss and it is fast with alot of potential. if u get it u gotta get the ss bodykit otherwise looks like s---
93' MX-3 GS-ZE
14.4 @ 96.7
14.5 @ 97.2
95 rs

Post by 95 rs »

im getting an ss supercharged sine its not much more then a base cobalt
95 rs with custom short ram air, b&m short throw shifter, probe 2.0L header with 2 1/4" exhaust all the way back, catco high flow cat, apc high flow muffler with 4.5" tip, accel 8 mm wires, blaze red, cf altezzas, gun metal 17" mr7s, slotted cross drilled rotors on the way with hawk hps pads, red and white interior, other then that its stock.
freakyalien

Post by freakyalien »

My beef lies with the cavy more then it does with GM...I rented a caviler right after i totaled my old honda (before my mx came around)

It was by far the poorest quality car i've driven. That was all around...interior felt cheap, car was slow, poor gas milage

Keep in mind this WAS a rental, so was most likely beat upon, but nevertheless has shaped my opinion of the cavy forever

...and they are ugly...
Vroooom
fry_81

Post by fry_81 »

Vanished wrote: It could also be that GM had the idea that if they made things so they woudl evnetually break that they would make more buisness, but I'm not sure if this is true or not. Just a theory of why gm's suck a huge wang.

TK <---- OUT
this is or at least i do know for a fact was true. a mechanic i work with used to work for GM. he designed a part for one of their vehicles and presented it to them, they told him to make it break within 150,000km's and then they'll use it.
personally ive grown up not liking anything made by GM, unless its a truck. they're styling just isnt my taste, the interiors are cheap looking, they tend to cut alot of corners on some of their vehicles, but thats just my opinion...
1994 5spd GS Parts Car For Sale 800obo. e-mail for details. fry_81@hotmail.com
relisys_3200

Post by relisys_3200 »

fieromx3 wrote:get the cobalt ss they r quick! the n/a cobalt automatic beat 3 of us ze mx-3's and i raced a ss and it is fast with alot of potential. if u get it u gotta get the ss bodykit otherwise looks like shat

id like to know who the hell lost to a non SS cobalt with a ZE???
Brandon
1992 MX-3 GS-ZE
fieromx3
Supporting Member

Post by fieromx3 »

i dunno ask mike krish or ian urself they will tell ya how quick they r and also it beat them becuz its ecotec :wink:
93' MX-3 GS-ZE
14.4 @ 96.7
14.5 @ 97.2
relisys_3200

Post by relisys_3200 »

fry_81 wrote:
Vanished wrote: It could also be that GM had the idea that if they made things so they woudl evnetually break that they would make more buisness, but I'm not sure if this is true or not. Just a theory of why gm's suck a huge wang.

TK <---- OUT
this is or at least i do know for a fact was true. a mechanic i work with used to work for GM. he designed a part for one of their vehicles and presented it to them, they told him to make it break within 150,000km's and then they'll use it.
personally ive grown up not liking anything made by GM, unless its a truck. they're styling just isnt my taste, the interiors are cheap looking, they tend to cut alot of corners on some of their vehicles, but thats just my opinion...

yup, take a business course in school and you'll learn alot about GM.

GM, like any of big 3 corporations, produces vehicles for quantity not quality. The way they solve this is by having 'recalls'. They see no need to spend extra money on quality control....that would take to long for production...just make it quick, ship it out, and have a recall when problems arise.

I dont think I would go for a new 'lower end' domestic car for the quality and relibility reason. We used to have an old '93 cultass ciera and it was teh win!! very reliable car.
and I hate cavilers because too many people have them and they are terriably ugly.
Brandon
1992 MX-3 GS-ZE
relisys_3200

Post by relisys_3200 »

fieromx3 wrote:i dunno ask mike krish or ian urself they will tell ya how quick they r and also it beat them becuz its ecotec :wink:
they must have some tired ze's then....

the non supercharged SS has 171hp and 163tq...and runs 15.9 in the 1/4 mile :confused2:

http://autos.msn.com/research/vip/Spec_ ... &trimid=-1
Brandon
1992 MX-3 GS-ZE
fieromx3
Supporting Member

Post by fieromx3 »

ok these r actually good points but do u think that when gm actually tries to make a quality car they do good? somethin like the corvette(not a big fan but starting to like em)?
to me at least the one thing they did do in the earlier years was experiment like the pontiac fiero (which is a very fun car to drive and reliable btw) delorean and other cars i cant think of rite now they werent successful cars but they were tryin new things unlike other manufacturers. in the race world they r doin amazing especially in drag racing dont say anythin bout that how its not even their engine no more or crap like that. but i think they r the top selling car in north america right now next to like toyota and honda.

they r makin so much money rite now that its surprising in a way thet r not doin anythin to there quality, they r of good quality and usually r relible but dam thos interiors or so dam cheap and cheap lookin its not funny but even aside all this i still like GM next to nissan i guess u gotta look at the ups there cars have and what theyve been accomplishing in the race world which is where i pay attention.
93' MX-3 GS-ZE
14.4 @ 96.7
14.5 @ 97.2
fieromx3
Supporting Member

Post by fieromx3 »

relisys_3200 wrote:
fieromx3 wrote:i dunno ask mike krish or ian urself they will tell ya how quick they r and also it beat them becuz its ecotec :wink:
they must have some tired ze's then....

the non supercharged SS has 171hp and 163tq...and runs 15.9 in the 1/4 mile :confused2:
i dunno mike still does a consistent 15.4 and that cobalt would have done like 15 even quoted by mike himself i would not go by those stats u see on the internet they r not always rite some cars do better or worse than the advertised 1/4 mile like my bros fiero 17.5 advertised but did 17.2........slow but good for 95hp! all i know is we all seen it with our own eyes what the cobalt could do

o and btw the cobalt had the 2.2 ectec not the 2.4 the 2.2 has 140hp and 150lbft i believe.
93' MX-3 GS-ZE
14.4 @ 96.7
14.5 @ 97.2
DavidOS

Post by DavidOS »

i think we have had a similar discussion about this ecotec bullsheet before.

all i gotta say is North American Products suck balls on a global stage and cant compete anymore.
they have no style
1994, GS, KLZE, 67mm TB, LightFlywheel, Centreforce Stg 3 Clutch, CAI, KL36 ecu, B&M shortshifter, Solid poly mounts, lightweight Aluminum Cross memeber, 2.5 high flo cat, 2.5 all back, Tanabe Exhaust, optima battery, ZX2 HD tokicos, eibach prokit, black altezzas.....

http://www.modifiedmazda.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.

Return to “Off-Topic”