Mx3 problems

Car Stereo/Alarm Discussions
MP5_Precidia

Mx3 problems

Post by MP5_Precidia »

ok number one, i replaced both axels in my car and changed to a new type of tranny fluid, now my car has much more power and its hard not to spinn the tires(i dont do it on purpose, most of the time) how can this be.

Also since the cold hit kitchener my head unit went crazy. first of all
when you want to switch radio stations its stuck one one unless you turn the ignition on and off until it unblocks also you have to turn the stero system way up to hear the radio a bit, but CD's work. now im running songs from my ipod for now, but my dad doesnt like my music so its the radio for him, any help would be appreciated.

PS DONT DELETE THIS THREAD I CANT POST ANY WHERES ELSE THANX (post of my help threads have been deleted)
2.5L
MAZDA MP5 PRECIDIA
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

Moved to car audio.

You can post anywhere but the for/sale forum. Everyone can.
MX-SLICK

Post by MX-SLICK »

i keep telling my sisrter she needs to change the tranny fluid. but she wont and i know shes gonna ay for it....oh well at least mines up to par.
94' MX3 GS atx
93 geo storm GSi
99' Ford ZX2 mtx
2001 honda CBR 600
2000 kawasaki kx 500 MX
Nd4SpdSe

Re: Mx3 problems

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

MP5_Precidia wrote:ok number one, i replaced both axels in my car and changed to a new type of tranny fluid, now my car has much more power and its hard not to spinn the tires(i dont do it on purpose, most of the time) how can this be.)
Umm, I don't know how replacing axles and tranny fluid would give a boost of power, but it does, I would like to know which miracle products...but normally an increase in power will cause the tires to loose traction quicker since the same amount of throttle with output more power than previously. It also depends on your driving style, but unless your in snow/gravel or any loose surface, and unless you have some symptomes related to it ike a touchy thottle or something, its would to be the way you drive, weither its throttle or clutch control
MP5_Precidia wrote:Also since the cold hit kitchener my head unit went crazy. first of all
when you want to switch radio stations its stuck one one unless you turn the ignition on and off until it unblocks also you have to turn the stero system way up to hear the radio a bit, but CD's work. now im running songs from my ipod for now, but my dad doesnt like my music so its the radio for him, any help would be appreciated.
Im just trying to figure out exactly what your deck is doing:
1) You cannot change the radio station unless you turn the car off and on again
2) The volume on radio is low, as compared to using a CD or your Ipod

*1) If the radio unblocks changing the station when you turn the car off than on again, when does the radio lock itself again? Normally decks will "beep" for every button pressed, when you cannot change the channel, do you still hear the beeps? Basically, do you mean that it doesn't want to change the channel, or are you actually locked out like a security lockout? Does the display on the deck say something on the display when you press a button? If it's an aftermarket headunit, have you tried to take the head unit off and put it on again?

#2) Decks typically don't have individual volume controls for each output, so if CD's and your Ipod's volumes are OK, but the radio isn't, the only thing I'm thinking of is a poor signal. You may need to check our antenna connection and your actual antenna.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
mx3autozam

Post by mx3autozam »

Ralph...what tranny fluid do you got in it now
I thaught you blew the tranny up.
Also glad to hear you got new axles. The reason it feels powerfull is probonly to do with teh fluid. It may have needed a chnage and was maybe low before. Do you have remanufactured axles. I just got my SE like 3 months agoa nd it has new reamans in it and teh drivers is shot. Luckily its got a lifetime warranty.

Good luck
btw..I still got that short shifter.
93 Mazda MX3 KLZE Turbo
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

mx3autozam wrote:Ralph...what tranny fluid do you got in it now
Also glad to hear you got new axles. The reason it feels powerfull is probonly to do with teh fluid. It may have needed a chnage and was maybe low before. Do you have remanufactured axles. I just got my SE like 3 months agoa nd it has new reamans in it and teh drivers is shot. Luckily its got a lifetime warranty.
In all honesty...this summer, because of a slow leak, I ran with almost no fluid, for how long, I don't know, but I didn't notice it (and was pissed cause that Redline MT90 isnt' cheap), and barely noticed a difference when I put some back in (just regular stuff) and the only thing is did was smooth my shifts, I did not get any type of performance increase.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
FlyVFR
Supporting Member

Re: Mx3 problems

Post by FlyVFR »

MP5_Precidia wrote:ok number one, i replaced both axels in my car and changed to a new type of tranny fluid, now my car has much more power and its hard not to spinn the tires(i dont do it on purpose, most of the time) how can this be.
Maybe you got some trany fluid on your tires. :o
Sorry..I couldn't resist. All in good humor though. :lol:
Stock 92 MX-3 GS
93 MX-3 GS KLZE
98 BMW 328IS
81 Trans AM NASCAR Pace Car
80 Trans Am INDY Pace Car
www.MyMX3.com Domain For Sale!
My Feedback File
MP5_Precidia

Post by MP5_Precidia »

mx3autozam wrote:Ralph...what tranny fluid do you got in it now

Good luck
btw..I still got that short shifter.
the fluid im using is Lucas 75W-90
and i got cash now john call me
519-568-7500
2.5L
MAZDA MP5 PRECIDIA

Return to “Car Stereo/Alarm”