The way im running my colectors UNhacked crossmember (pics)

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
XxantwawnxX

The way im running my colectors UNhacked crossmember (pics)

Post by XxantwawnxX »

drove it around today and its good for driving on my roads with bad struts. Does nto scrap or anything...just gotta be carefull on big bumps .

now i just weld a 45 degree bend UP to the turbo .

* * * * * * 92 Mx3 ZET, rear/front swaybars,srd crossmember,HKS SSQV,cold air,ZE with millinia mani and TB and 280cc injectors,INtrax springs with tokiko HP struts, Grounding kit, MotegiTrakLite wheels 17's at 14lbs each, MSnS Running fuel and spark,HEI mod,T3/To4E .60/.63 stage 3 turbine,3rd gen rx7 fuel pump, SSAC Headers/hotpipes ,38 ext tial wastegate, findanza flywheel, SBC TZ clutch/pressureplate,braille11pound battery/ magnum drilled F/R rotors,projectors, CXmotorsports almuminum intercooler.
EZ_4_FUN
Supporting Member

Post by EZ_4_FUN »

That's asking for trouble!

I was also able to run my piping without modifing the cross members, but at a cost. Speed bumps will scrape and can potentially wear it down or worse, crack.

Be carefull where you drive that beast. You are not giving yourself much clearance.
OSKY
95 MX-3 GS ZE Turbo: MSnS-extra, AEM WB, Blitz boost controller, MSD 6A w/ Blaster2 Coil, ZE disty, Redtops @ 550, Walbro 255, Garrett T3/T04E 60 Trim w/ .63 A/R, 38mm Deltagate Mark II @4psi, FMIC, Apexi BOV, CM Dual friction, 4-6.25 Kickers, 2ch Alpine V12. That's Alll.

http://www.pakfeifertuning.com
XxantwawnxX

Post by XxantwawnxX »

Yea i tested it with my driveway. it has a steep incline about the size of a good speed bump. I cleared it as long as i drove sllllow. soo i think ille be fine. and when i get new struts it will be even better.

* * * * * * 92 Mx3 ZET, rear/front swaybars,srd crossmember,HKS SSQV,cold air,ZE with millinia mani and TB and 280cc injectors,INtrax springs with tokiko HP struts, Grounding kit, MotegiTrakLite wheels 17's at 14lbs each, MSnS Running fuel and spark,HEI mod,T3/To4E .60/.63 stage 3 turbine,3rd gen rx7 fuel pump, SSAC Headers/hotpipes ,38 ext tial wastegate, findanza flywheel, SBC TZ clutch/pressureplate,braille11pound battery/ magnum drilled F/R rotors,projectors, CXmotorsports almuminum intercooler.
schuttie2002
Supporting Member

Post by schuttie2002 »

A friend of mine had a neon that his pipes hung that low as well. He eventually got rid of the setup becuase of two complaints. First he scratched and bent the s--- outta the pipes no matter how careful he was, but most importantly whenever it was wet out he couldnt drive because the pipes would be drowning in water and eventually with cracks itd let water in and it rusted out the exhuast.

Actually the last straw that broke his back was the pipe got smushed and almost completely closed and just about killed his nice rebuilt engine. Like EZ4FUN said you are asking for trouble.
93 GS-DE,mx6 tranny, obx 2nd gen headers, highflow cat n 2.25" catback, 65mm tb,CAI, mazdaspeed mounts, SPEC Stage I clutch kit, new K8 flywheel, SRD C.A.B., Intrax, S.T. braces
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/698108
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Post by babyblueMX3 »

you only need ONE big bump and your screwed, believe me.
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
Current car : Golf 01 GTI 1.8T (15 psi)
XxantwawnxX

Post by XxantwawnxX »

oh i know the danger : ) but i also know all the roads where i live and where ill be driving. As long as i dont go to any unknown roads i should be fine. then when i get my beater ill save this one for the track.

BuGS

Post by BuGS »

Mine hangs about an inch or two about that. I havn't had any probs and have been driving on it for 6 months. Put H&R's on and I have about 4 inces clearence, Just do ricer pullins and you will be fine.
XxantwawnxX

Post by XxantwawnxX »

Yea i drove it alo more today just to test it out somemore, flew over some railroadtracks and it did not hit. But man i gotta be careful driving it...that crap is so loud..ima def get a ticket.

hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

what about scrapes and rust? what if theres any leaks after the holes? what if it rains and iot has rusted holes?! ok sorry just looking into the worst case scenario./. um what if you go into deep watter ( tire high)
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
XxantwawnxX

Post by XxantwawnxX »

ITs not gonna rust anymore then my normal exhaust does. And it has nto scraped yet.

rebel2k4

Post by rebel2k4 »

The question now is where is the downpipe going to go?
94 Mazda MX3 GS - 395 whp 397 ft lbs untuned on pump gas and stock KLDE 15 psi boost. now running 16 psi and E85.. numbers=? 425ish whp
04 GSXR 600- full exh, power commander 3, int turn signals, etc
98 Ford Ranger 3.0L
01 YZ250- most fun vehicle Ive ever owned.
95 Eclipse- built 420a, 60-1, megasquirt, 371 whp @ 17 psi, dsm-broken-car-curse
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

thats IS pretty close
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
XxantwawnxX

Post by XxantwawnxX »

rebel2k4 wrote:The question now is where is the downpipe going to go?
yea workin on that one as we speak :shock: :? :D

rebel2k4

Post by rebel2k4 »

My modded crossmember hangs that low if not lower and I used to hit it all the time. Finally it broke in half and I had to redo it.

It only costs $10 worth of materials from Home Depot to modify one, and a couple hours of time...
94 Mazda MX3 GS - 395 whp 397 ft lbs untuned on pump gas and stock KLDE 15 psi boost. now running 16 psi and E85.. numbers=? 425ish whp
04 GSXR 600- full exh, power commander 3, int turn signals, etc
98 Ford Ranger 3.0L
01 YZ250- most fun vehicle Ive ever owned.
95 Eclipse- built 420a, 60-1, megasquirt, 371 whp @ 17 psi, dsm-broken-car-curse
XxantwawnxX

Post by XxantwawnxX »

Hopefully i will have better luck then you, and i think i will. Still has not scraped yet. Like i said i wont be driving in any unfamiliar places. And once i get another beater i wont have to worry about it as much.

Return to “Forced Induction”