Washer fluid low pressure ? Any help?

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
sinhron

Washer fluid low pressure ? Any help?

Post by sinhron »

Hi there. I have low pressure in my windshield cleaning system. I mean the washer fluid hardly reaches the window on the driver side. The passanger side is even worse. Any help ? What do you think is the cause ?
XxantwawnxX

Post by XxantwawnxX »

The spray nozzle could be clogged up or sumthing in the lines?

* * * * * * 92 Mx3 ZET, rear/front swaybars,srd crossmember,HKS SSQV,cold air,ZE with millinia mani and TB and 280cc injectors,INtrax springs with tokiko HP struts, Grounding kit, MotegiTrakLite wheels 17's at 14lbs each, MSnS Running fuel and spark,HEI mod,T3/To4E .60/.63 stage 3 turbine,3rd gen rx7 fuel pump, SSAC Headers/hotpipes ,38 ext tial wastegate, findanza flywheel, SBC TZ clutch/pressureplate,braille11pound battery/ magnum drilled F/R rotors,projectors, CXmotorsports almuminum intercooler.
sinhron

Post by sinhron »

Wow , that was quick, about minute from my post... I will check the lines.

How about the rear wiper not cleaning the whole window ? Any help on that one? Do I need a new wiper or something with the spring maybe ?
Thanks
relisys_3200

Post by relisys_3200 »

If its not cleaning the rear window in the wiper contact patch, that means you need a new wiper. Most likely the rubber has hardened up from age and no longer has enough flexibility to contact the full window.
Brandon
1992 MX-3 GS-ZE
Chiggles

Post by Chiggles »

Hmmm..... now that you mention it, I don't seem to get very much spray pressure from my rear nozzle that sits just above the hatch window. All my wipers are fine and the front jets seem to work ok since I can see the fluid actually shoots out like a "beam", but out of my rear nozzle, I don't see nearly the same spray pattern at all. It looks more like it's just slowly trickling out of the nozzle and just runs down the hatch window like a tear drop rolls down your face. Does anyone else have this problem with their rear washer nozzle?
What I drive: A Cybertronian disguised in the form of a Creek Blue Mica 95 MX-3 GS. :driver:
Long term goal: Fabricating a new transformation cog! :welder:
Grants
BANNED Member

Post by Grants »

Chiggles - its probably partially blocked - try cleaning the nozzle with a pin.
“You’ll find, that the only thing you can do easily is be wrong, and that’s hardly worth the effort.”
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

My rear washer nozel has Always drizzeled the fluid. I think it is supposed to unless my car was messed up from the get-go.
As for the front, try taking the tubing loose from the closest connection to the pump and make it spray using the knob inside. If doesn't spray well then it is the pump or a blockage in the tube from the pumpto where you are. If it is good then keep moving up and find out where the blockage is. Eventually you'll get to the nozzels and I'd bet that is where the problem is. A needle works well, but carefull you can actually change the dirstion they spray by moving the little hole. You'll see that it is actually a ball in a socket type of fitting and the ball with the hole in it is where the water comes out. You can rotate the ball and move the direction of the spray.

We used to move the direction of the ball and twist the nozel a bit and spray people in parking lots for fun. I know, mean, but funny as hell.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
DaRepoMan73

Post by DaRepoMan73 »

I have noticed wax clogging up the sprayers. Used a pin to clean them out
92 MX-3 rs(3 of them)
93 Probe GT klze
95 GMC Sonoma 355ci 425hp V-8
Bolverk

Post by Bolverk »

My rear one has always drizzled. I figured its supposed to be like that, why use a pump to spray it down the window when gravity can do the work.
relisys_3200

Post by relisys_3200 »

BOTH my mx3s spray out the rear nozle...not drizzle
Brandon
1992 MX-3 GS-ZE

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”