Engine Swap..Help ?

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
SnoSurferr

Engine Swap..Help ?

Post by SnoSurferr »

Hey, Im looking to swap a new engine into my 93 mx-3, Its got a 1.6 SOHC 4cyl., Whats the best engine "turbo'd", to put into it, and what parts am I going to have to buy ?? Also, am I going to have to get a new transmission to fit the engine, or will my tranny fit,, Its a 5-speed manual, i think the code on it was f25, Anyways, Thanks in advance.
gapimpin

Post by gapimpin »

if you wanna go turboed the best engine you can get is the 1.8l dohc bpt it swaps right into our engine bays no modification other than the turbo parts your gonna have to run (intercooler, bov, controoler). and yes you are gonna need to change the tranny. your current tranny will bolt up to the bpt but you will blow it apart as soon as you try to launch or get on it. i dont know wheather the 93 had a cable driven speedometer or not if it did just get a g series tranny from a 92-93 protege lx you will also need the half shafts jack shaft and hubs to connect it all. other than this for general info if you go to the 4cyl faq it gives a detailed instruction on the swap. best of luck...

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”