What's left of my beautiful MX-3 (GS) :(

A forum for posting automotive related Images & Video Clips. (Please keep it clean, no profanity or offensive material.)

Would you make the repairs?

YES!
83%
OH HELL NO.
11%
KEEP THE INSURANCE MONEY, FIX THE LIGHT & DRIVE IT LIKE THAT.
6%

Total votes: 18

FEAR93GS

What's left of my beautiful MX-3 (GS) :(

Post by FEAR93GS »

Some jackass pulled a hit & run on me Friday night. I should have chased his a-- but radiator fluid was going everywhere. I'm so pissed.

Do you think she still has some life?
My insurance company is going to call me later today. What do you think this car is worth USD? I checked KBB & I have to go to 3 body shops for repair quotes. I'm like 75% sure they are going to call it a total loss and let me buy it back on the cheap. I will still be able to drive it... I went through all of this last year with my 92' Celica.
Last edited by FEAR93GS on November 14th, 2005, 11:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
93' MX-3 GS
Exhaust
OZ Wheels & Kelly tires
Swap coming soon!
relisys_3200

Post by relisys_3200 »

sorry to hear/see bro. Ive been in that situation too and it really sucks. By the damage I would say get it fixed. If insurance is going to pay for it, get it fixed up right 8)
Brandon
1992 MX-3 GS-ZE
bmwm3guy

Post by bmwm3guy »

The way I see it, it is an excuse to get fiberglass fenders, a CF hood and a MazdaSpeed front bumper! 8)
Gro Harlem

Post by Gro Harlem »

that don't look that bad........

unless there is frame damage it looks like u just need a headlight, hood and fender

if the frame is bent then that = lots o money
Noble Green Metallic 93' GS Hybrid, 91' 1.8 323
DONATE TO MX-3.COM
FEAR93GS

frame

Post by FEAR93GS »

Hopefully the frame is okay but I am concerned about how the car pulls hard to the left. Hopefully just a bent steering rod... I'll have a deeper look when I get home from work. The top of the radiator is pushed back a little the metal piece that goes across the front under the hood is bent pushed towards the engine. A fuse box is pretty much in pieces but miraculously everything still works. The white raidiator fluid container is history. Hmmmm... fiberglass fenders for the mx-3, i've never heard of them but it sounds like a good idea. If the insurance company treats me right I just might have a free ticket for a KLDE > turbo or most of it anyway. Hopefully everything works out for the best. My chances are slim to none to find another GS for sale in my town.
93' MX-3 GS
Exhaust
OZ Wheels & Kelly tires
Swap coming soon!
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

Give us a pic of the engine bay where the damage is. The more you can post the better idea we'll have of wether it is fixable or not.
It looks ok to me. Need headlamp, fender, front clip (since you say it is bent) the front clip will need to be cut out and the straight one welded in by a body shop. However, from the pic the front clip looks ok, so maybe I'm confused, a pic will help. The inner fener may also be damged and that again is a cut old off and weld new on.
Geez, this may be a total loss.
Shoot some pics up and let us know what the body shops say the damage is.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
Hoodzy

Post by Hoodzy »

man we need to start a clan, where if someone gets hit or is in trouble u can signal andthe nearest mx3 will come help us out ahah

daaamn it would be hard for me not to beat someone down for hittin and running
http://www.cardomain.com/id/hoodzy13" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.id-studio.ca" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.behance.net/CollinH" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
1995 Creek Mica Blue GS
BuGS

Post by BuGS »

My local firends and I set up something like that. One of my friends in a Tercel was hit in the side by a car in the winter, three calls later I was out looking for the Honda hatch that had just hit him. After driving for 15mins I found him and we cornered him in a dead end, called the cops and then waited for the cops. In the mean time he got out and started jumping fences. We got a picture of his face using a digital camera while he was still in the car so my friend go like $2200 (Amount to fix fender and addition court charges) after prosecuting the guy.

All I have to say is, in the land of iced over streets the mx-3 with tripple studded tires is King.
mitmaks

Post by mitmaks »

just keep it and fix it
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
FEAR93GS

Post by FEAR93GS »

I'll post some pics of the engine bay damage tomorrow. Please check back.
93' MX-3 GS
Exhaust
OZ Wheels & Kelly tires
Swap coming soon!
FEAR93GS

MORE PICTURES

Post by FEAR93GS »

93' MX-3 GS
Exhaust
OZ Wheels & Kelly tires
Swap coming soon!
PATDIESEL

Post by PATDIESEL »

Ohhhh, You are definately going to need an inner fender, core support, and a frame pull to get the radiator out of the engine.
I'd take it t a shop. It might really be better to get a new MX-3. That is alot of damage.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
FEAR93GS

Post by FEAR93GS »

PATDIESEL,
What exactly is a core support? I have a friend at a body shop that has a frame adjuster (pull) thats going to do that for free. the inner fender needs to be cut out and the new one welded in- correct?
Alignment might be a little costly.
93' MX-3 GS
Exhaust
OZ Wheels & Kelly tires
Swap coming soon!
Legato626

Post by Legato626 »

Do you have any idea who did it. If they did that much damage to you it wouldnt be a scratch on them to.
1994 toyota supra single turbo
1994 Mazda MX-3 KL-ZE

If god owned a car... It would be a supra!!!
FEAR93GS

Post by FEAR93GS »

Yeah actually I have an idea. In my neighborhood there is a black cavilier that looks exactly like what hit me and he has a huge a-- smash right where the impact of the accident happened. I took his tag number and called the state police this morning.
93' MX-3 GS
Exhaust
OZ Wheels & Kelly tires
Swap coming soon!

Return to “Images/Videos Forum”