Loosing Trans Fluid!

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Mazda_Power

Loosing Trans Fluid!

Post by Mazda_Power »

My car started making light grinding noises and noises while idling through the transmission. I drove it a little and it started popping out of gear. I went straight home and checked the fluid and added some. I added over 2 quarts. Then I did it again a few days later. My transmission is leaking and it doesn't appear to be the axle seals. The only other place it could leak would be the input shaft right (as long as the case isn't cracked, which it isn't)? How difficult is the seal to replace? I know the transmission needs to be pulled. Any pointers, any othe suggestions, it seems wet near the rubber covers where the shift linkage attaches to the trans, could it be leaking from there? Pretty please?!

Thanks

Aaron
'92 Festiva L powered by a 1.8L SOHC Protege motor - For Sale
Mazda_Power

Post by Mazda_Power »

No replies, huh?
Mazda_Power

Post by Mazda_Power »

Here's a picture of some fluid, you can see the tire tracks where the car was and the fluid stains right where the bellhousing would meet the engine.

hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

mine was leaking but it was because the tranny was overfilled..and the top sensor was not tight.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
bushidosword

Post by bushidosword »

what is this "top sensor" you speak of... my tranny is leaking too (not quite to the same extent) so some help from you guys on this would be beneficial to me too! Is there a "pan" on the belly of the tranny that has a gasket and a filter? Could that the gasket be worn, and thus causing a leak?
Will superman be able to save the world from caos before it is too late?
Stay tuned... :D

Post by hgallegos915 »

the toip speed sensor, this tranny WILL leak if overfilled.. the sensor is right on top where you fill it. Also case may be leaking. Im not sure if the linkage leaks.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
Mazda_Power

Post by Mazda_Power »

My speed sensor is not leaking. Any other insight?
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

well park car on concrete and see where it falls from.
-hec

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”