FOGGY UP

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
acespdz

FOGGY UP

Post by acespdz »

A stupid question but I need an answer...
Is there anything that will stop windows from fogging up. Just driving around in my Mx-3 my windows fog up like crazy, I know I can defog them but I want to know if there is anything out there that will stop the fogging. I've used the Stupid wipes from CT but they don't work. any help would be great.

THANX
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

Rain-X makes some stuff that will help. However, I didn't like the way it stayed on when I tried to clean the windshield. Just make sure you clean the windshield BEFORE you apply it. hehehe
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

I always keep my air intake to "Fresh" instead of "Recirculate" it makes a huge difference, but the car still fogs on rainly days with 2 people in the car if i don't put it on defog
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
Hoodzy

Post by Hoodzy »

yah the defroster side vents for the 95 anyways sucks ballzz!!
http://www.cardomain.com/id/hoodzy13" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.id-studio.ca" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.behance.net/CollinH" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
1995 Creek Mica Blue GS
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

Like Mikey said, keeping it on re-circ should do it. If you have AC give that a shot for about 20 seconds and it's a quick fix - summer or winter. Need to know those sort of things when living on Vancouver Island for 5 years - hehehehe.
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
Señor MX-3

Post by Señor MX-3 »

mine has the same problem...i believe it's bad seals specially the windshield...will be doing something about it soon...sucks to drive in rain and has foggy windows and to wait 100years for the darn windows to unfog...i guess going to a winshield replacing place could lead me to what i need to do on my seals.
MX3Extreme

Post by MX3Extreme »

This is going to sound odd but try it if you want? my windows were fogging up and i realized that the selection on the heater controls was on the interior circulation and not the outside setting and as soon as i changed it to the outside setting which is the one to the right of the slider problem solved!

MX3Extreme
hharb

Post by hharb »

you can also buy a few products from canadian tire that help the defogging. I've never tried tem but i've seen them on Canadian tire shelves.
Yoda

Post by Yoda »

hharb wrote:you can also buy a few products from canadian tire that help the defogging. I've never tried tem but i've seen them on Canadian tire shelves.
I don't recommend using the anti-fog wipes in the winter below 0 it freezes every drop of moisture it can attract creating a thick layer of ice on the inside of the windscreen.

A common problem withe the 323 (MX-3) and any of the cars based on this chassis, is if you don't clean the drainage channals at the base of the windshield get blocked. It is not unsusal to find handfuls of compost in each corner of the cowl. Water build up in the cowl and eventually spills over into the air intake for the heater box. Then this water is evaporated and blown out throught the heater ducts until it drys out.
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

MX3Extreme wrote:This is going to sound odd but try it if you want? my windows were fogging up and i realized that the selection on the heater controls was on the interior circulation and not the outside setting and as soon as i changed it to the outside setting which is the one to the right of the slider problem solved!
MX3Extreme
Not odd at all. That's a common problem people run into. Probably, more often than not, one will select the re-circ selection during the winter months to keep it a little toastier inside. Although they sometimes forget to put it back to fresh later on. This selection to re-circ is probably the biggest culprit of window fogging. Another culprit would also include a lack of windexing (keeping clean) the front window for those who smoke in their cars. Residual cigarette smoke will leave a slight residue on the inside of the windshield and it's an accumulative thing. That residue in itself will act like a magnet for moisture to more readily accumulate on the windshield.
Another way to counter the fogging effect is to briefly select the AC (even in the heat mode) which will rapidly remove the moisture.
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

My defroster setting on my 92 works great. Side windows and front windshield does not fog up. Unless turned off tho.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
superman_t11

Post by superman_t11 »

try using a anti fog product called cat crap. It is a snowboarding goggle anti fog cream that i put on my goggles when i snowboard, also try shaving cream, it really works. :shock:
coindex

Re: FOGGY UP

Post by coindex »

acespdz wrote:A stupid question but I need an answer...
Is there anything that will stop windows from fogging up. Just driving around in my Mx-3 my windows fog up like crazy, I know I can defog them but I want to know if there is anything out there that will stop the fogging. I've used the Stupid wipes from CT but they don't work. any help would be great.

THANX

The above mentioned articles are good especially the ones regarding the circulation vent control. I had the same problem and didn't know what the heck (and I'm a mechanic lol), finally figured it out after looking at my interior controls. Always seems to be the little things.

BUT

Just a little pointer for everyone who doesn't know. If your windows are still fogging up and your control vent does nothing then you have a HEATER CORE problem and more likely will have to have it replaced.
This is a common problem especially in the camaro's (used to own one until I bought my awesome mx3).

Well hope that helps yea
Tempus

Post by Tempus »

be aware that most anti-fog products don't prevent the condensation of water on the glass. that's a pretty tall order, unless you are drying out the air (part of what turning on the AC does) or heating up the air.

What most anti-fog products do is reduce the surface tension so that the water doesn't form little tiny droplets, but instead is just a clear film. As someone else noted, in very cold weather this will be a film of ice.. (where as the 'fog' would show up as 'frost')
{sigh} Time to move on
Out with the old: Tropical Emerald MX-3 GSR (KL-DE)
In with the new: Phantom Blue Mazda3s GT

Return to “Appearance”