what is whooping cough?

Off-Topic Discussions
fieromx3
Supporting Member

what is whooping cough?

Post by fieromx3 »

well today i got a tetnis shot and i got a vaccine for the whooping cough i didnt ask what it was so i dunno what it is. my mom doesnt really know either she just knows its an uncontrollable cough. its been found in some ppl 30 miles from us so i wanna know what it is. is it like u cough till u suffacate and die or somethin cuz it can be fatal. anyone know what this thing is and what it does?
93' MX-3 GS-ZE
14.4 @ 96.7
14.5 @ 97.2
cdngrl420

Post by cdngrl420 »

how can u not know what whooping cough is?, its when u start coughin for like 10 mins uncontrollably and the guy beside u gets mad and whoops the crap out of u for not shutting up
DavidOS

Post by DavidOS »

its a cough that sounds like your lungs are dry and about to explode when u cough.
1994, GS, KLZE, 67mm TB, LightFlywheel, Centreforce Stg 3 Clutch, CAI, KL36 ecu, B&M shortshifter, Solid poly mounts, lightweight Aluminum Cross memeber, 2.5 high flo cat, 2.5 all back, Tanabe Exhaust, optima battery, ZX2 HD tokicos, eibach prokit, black altezzas.....

http://www.modifiedmazda.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.
Grants
BANNED Member

Post by Grants »

Pertussis, also known as whooping cough, is an infection of the respiratory system caused by the bacterium Bordetella pertussis (or B. pertussis). It's characterized by severe coughing spells that end in a "whooping" sound when the person breathes in. Before a vaccine was available, pertussis killed 5,000 to 10,000 people in the United States each year. Now, the pertussis vaccine has reduced the annual number of deaths to less than 30.

Although pertussis can occur at any age, it's most severe in unimmunized children and in infants under 1 year of age (early immunization can usually prevent this serious disease in babies). About 40% of all pertussis infections occur in children less than 1 year old, and only 15% occur in children over 15 years old. Half of all deaths from pertussis occur in infants under age 1, and serious complications are more common in this group.

The incidence of pertussis among adolescents and adults has been increasing in the last several years. This is an important fact, because coughing adolescents and adults who may not realize that they have pertussis are currently the major source of infection for infants and children.
“You’ll find, that the only thing you can do easily is be wrong, and that’s hardly worth the effort.”
sexy_mx3

Post by sexy_mx3 »

I had it two years ago and it took me 2 months to get rid of it... i was on like 4 different meds and nothin helped... it's not fun at all and it drains you physically... i missed a month of school and my basketball champinship game... it's not fun... you were very smart to get the shot
monty73741
Forum Moderator

Post by monty73741 »

Grants wrote:Pertussis, also known as whooping cough, is an infection of the respiratory system caused by the bacterium Bordetella pertussis (or B. pertussis). It's characterized by severe coughing spells that end in a "whooping" sound when the person breathes in. Before a vaccine was available, pertussis killed 5,000 to 10,000 people in the United States each year. Now, the pertussis vaccine has reduced the annual number of deaths to less than 30.

Although pertussis can occur at any age, it's most severe in unimmunized children and in infants under 1 year of age (early immunization can usually prevent this serious disease in babies). About 40% of all pertussis infections occur in children less than 1 year old, and only 15% occur in children over 15 years old. Half of all deaths from pertussis occur in infants under age 1, and serious complications are more common in this group.

The incidence of pertussis among adolescents and adults has been increasing in the last several years. This is an important fact, because coughing adolescents and adults who may not realize that they have pertussis are currently the major source of infection for infants and children.

grants, what are u a walking dictionary or are u just good @ google
Jason Danaher
Please Help Support MX-3.com
MX-3.com Online Store - http://www.mx-3.com/osv3
CafePress - http://www.cafepress.com/mx3com
Chiggles

Post by Chiggles »

monty73741 wrote:
Grants wrote:Pertussis, also known as whooping cough, is an infection of the respiratory system caused by the bacterium Bordetella pertussis (or B. pertussis). It's characterized by severe coughing spells that end in a "whooping" sound when the person breathes in. Before a vaccine was available, pertussis killed 5,000 to 10,000 people in the United States each year. Now, the pertussis vaccine has reduced the annual number of deaths to less than 30.

LOL!! Didn't you know? Grants is Google's webmaster!! Everytime you Google something, that's actually him giving you the search results. :laugh:
What I drive: A Cybertronian disguised in the form of a Creek Blue Mica 95 MX-3 GS. :driver:
Long term goal: Fabricating a new transformation cog! :welder:
neutral
Supporting Member

Post by neutral »

cdngrl420 wrote:how can u not know what whooping cough is?, its when u start coughin for like 10 mins uncontrollably and the guy beside u gets mad and whoops the crap out of u for not shutting up
:laugh: yup.
Image -Jim
Grants
BANNED Member

Post by Grants »

I don't suppose you'd believe me if I said I wrote that myself.... or even that I went to the library and looked it up..... what about I got a mate who's a doctor and asked him? Oh well, Google it is then :D
“You’ll find, that the only thing you can do easily is be wrong, and that’s hardly worth the effort.”
monty73741
Forum Moderator

Post by monty73741 »

Grants wrote:
I don't suppose you'd believe me if I said I wrote that myself.... or even that I went to the library and looked it up..... what about I got a mate who's a doctor and asked him? Oh well, Google it is then :D
man i was just joking
Jason Danaher
Please Help Support MX-3.com
MX-3.com Online Store - http://www.mx-3.com/osv3
CafePress - http://www.cafepress.com/mx3com

Return to “Off-Topic”