ebay cold air intake!!!

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
all8up

ebay cold air intake!!!

Post by all8up »

Hey guys, I just got thru installing my ebay cold air intake listed for a SOHC on a 94 1.6 DOHC, and while it is fresh in my mind, I thought I would give a few pointers for easy installation. I started by taking all the old intake stuff out of the way, including the radiator puke tank. then i started the install at the throttle body. there are 2 blue rubber adapters that come with the kit. I used the biggest one first. that is between the throttle body and the short tube. then I used the chrome adapter next between the short tube and the mass air flow. I wound up cutting this adapter down about a half inch. then I used the smaller blue adapter between the mass air flow and the longer tube. This adapter was tight, and I used a hot air gun to heat it up. you could use a good hair dryer also. I also found a small amount of grease on all the adapters to be very helpful. then I attached the air filter to the long hose, and stuck it down in the inner fender well. You will have to remove the stock resonator box also. I was able to bolt the puke tank back in the stock location!! the only thing I trimmed waas the chrome adapter piece! I used some wire ties to help hold the air filter end more snugly. Oh and there is a small colant line down by the puke tank that I genttly bent out of the way. Hope this helps, as the factory directions are pretty much non existant.. I think it was one of the best mods I've done so far, well worth the 55 bucks. also put on a new o2 sensor, knocked out the cats, and a new valve job. maybe some new cams in my future, or big exhaust!!! this car is finally starting to run like I think it should!!!
freyguy_412

Post by freyguy_412 »

Cough... sticky this.... Cough.... STICKY....

This will help the newbees on the forum from asking once a week about intakes.
It might be slow, but it's not a civic!

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”