Plugs at wiring harness by headlight

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
mx32nerDOTcom

Plugs at wiring harness by headlight

Post by mx32nerDOTcom »

I have two plugs that I don't believe were ever plugged in, any idea what they are, i'll have pics up of them later, but they are by each headlight harness...there's two plugs on the drivers side, and one of the passengers side, they are 4 prong, and they're square...what the hell are they lol
1992 Mazda MX-3 GS 5 Spd <i>*In Progress*</i> 2.5L V6 SWAP IN PROGRESS NOW
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS/SE 5 Spd <i>*Project 2.5T*</i>
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

Need a pic to tell. There are a few plugs on both sides near the headlamps.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
Aston Wards

Post by Aston Wards »

Sounds like the plugs for the J-spec spotlights
91 Eunos Presso KF-ZE
89 Nissan 300ZX TT 2+2
90 Nissan 300ZX TT 2+0
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

Aston Wards wrote:Sounds like the plugs for the J-spec spotlights
You think the harnesses for the NA Spec are the same as the J-Spec/E-Spec/AU-Spec? I'm going to be encountering that task tomorrow so I might have more info when I go to install my J-Spec bumper. I already know that the headlight termination connectors for NA Spec are set for the 9004 bulb so I already had to modify to accept my J-Spec headlights. The turn/ park light config is different too with the NA-Spec utilizing a dual filament 1157 bulb for park light and turn signal duties. J-Spec utilizes a single filament 1156 bulb and uses the second section (unused cavity of NA-Spec units) of turn signal housing for park light duties (I believe). Perhaps Grant could clarify. I'll have to source your schematics tomorrow wrt turn/park/foggy connections.
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
Aston Wards

Post by Aston Wards »

Well, after looking at some photos i took a while back, the plugs for the j-spec foglights come off the indicator part of the harness, but i'm pretty sure the connector was as described....., unfortunately my Presso is back in storage, so i can't go 'n check!
i could send the pic tho...., it ain't great but.....
91 Eunos Presso KF-ZE
89 Nissan 300ZX TT 2+2
90 Nissan 300ZX TT 2+0
mx32nerDOTcom

Post by mx32nerDOTcom »

here are the pictures of this UNKNOWN harness...

That help us out at all? lol
1992 Mazda MX-3 GS 5 Spd <i>*In Progress*</i> 2.5L V6 SWAP IN PROGRESS NOW
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS/SE 5 Spd <i>*Project 2.5T*</i>
Grants
BANNED Member

Post by Grants »

J-Spec utilizes a single filament 1156 bulb and uses the second section (unused cavity of NA-Spec units) of turn signal housing for park light duties (I believe).
Spot on jschrauwen! But could you confirm something for me... does the "unused" section in yours have a cutout in the housing for a lampholder or is the housing totally sealed in that area?

And mx32nerDOTcom, sorry, I don't know what the plug is for - the fogs utilise a 2 pin plug. Maybe you could run a voltmeter over it with all the lights on and see if it powers up at any time?
“You’ll find, that the only thing you can do easily is be wrong, and that’s hardly worth the effort.”
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

One looks like the radiator fan connector (black one) and the other is for the alternator or the AC, can't tell which one off hand.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
atlantamx3
Supporting Member

Post by atlantamx3 »

Plug the white one into the black one and see what happens!
~Perry
Please visit
http://www.mx3-atlanta.com
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

Grants wrote: Spot on jschrauwen! But could you confirm something for me... does the "unused" section in yours have a cutout in the housing for a lampholder or is the housing totally sealed in that area?
Grant; no, the "unused section" is not cut out - totally sealed. Rather , it has raised outlines that can be used as reference for drilling and then squaring out the 4 notches to accept an after market plug/bulb combo. I followed the guidlines from Luc St-Pierre's "How to" which Jim "Neutral" just re-posted a few days ago.
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”