bye bye carbon fiber hood

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
hgallegos915

bye bye carbon fiber hood

Post by hgallegos915 »

After the fire..its irrepairable..not even fiberglass will do..its charred completelly trough the bottom.. they are made cheaplyll lol they are all fiberglass and only carbon fiber sticker (real carbon fiber) But its all fiberglass.. anywho..ill be buying another one of ebay soon.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
BoOdOg
Supporting Member

Post by BoOdOg »

did you get your last one off ebay?
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

IMO, I think their quality sucks. My clearcoat is already starting to fog up.
mitmaks

Post by mitmaks »

which one is that, the one Jarid had group buy for?
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
Gro Harlem

Post by Gro Harlem »

yeah thats kinda why i sold mine upon receiving it....it was s--- quality.

The "bracing" on the back was already coming off before I even removed it from the box & teh hood latch was located in a dumbass positiont that made the hood sit up about 2" from the front. + the hood was crooked when latched..the drivers side sat way above the fenderline while the passenger side sat a little below it.
Noble Green Metallic 93' GS Hybrid, 91' 1.8 323
DONATE TO MX-3.COM
Custommx3
Site Administrator

Post by Custommx3 »

Ya, from Jarids group buy. Mine fit well, just seems to be crappy quality clear coat. Im pretty pissed I paid ober 400 bucks for something that didnt last a year. and it WAS waxed too..
mitmaks

Post by mitmaks »

Gro Harlem wrote:yeah thats kinda why i sold mine upon receiving it....it was shat quality.

The "bracing" on the back was already coming off before I even removed it from the box & teh hood latch was located in a dumbass positiont that made the hood sit up about 2" from the front. + the hood was crooked when latched..the drivers side sat way above the fenderline while the passenger side sat a little below it.

that was exactly case with mine, but I use hood pins right now and it works just fine, I guess if you want clean pinless look theres no solution really
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
mitmaks

Post by mitmaks »

Custommx3 wrote:Ya, from Jarids group buy. Mine fit well, just seems to be crappy quality clear coat. Im pretty pissed I paid ober 400 bucks for something that didnt last a year. and it WAS waxed too..
I think you should be able to have it recleared, but ya 400 seems bit high to something thatll need work. of course its fiberglass and it cant be perfect, maybe they had bent hood or car that they were making mold of so they came out crooked.
Custommx3
Site Administrator

Post by Custommx3 »

mine fits perfect, just the hood clearcoat is becomming foggy

Hell we out to go in and have them refund us some of the money since it was crap.
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

It was an ebay but got it from a fellow mx3er... i think im going to coverit it to a fiberglass hood....later on..
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
Legato626

Post by Legato626 »

my CF hood BEFORE I KILLED IT WITH MY WINDOW..... I got mine off ebay and it was a great deal for under 400 bucks. I still have the seller and his info and he still sells the hood on ebay to just hard to find it. I have the link if you want it?
1994 toyota supra single turbo
1994 Mazda MX-3 KL-ZE

If god owned a car... It would be a supra!!!
Neil

Post by Neil »

Does anybody with the Pakfeifer CF hoods have this issue? I have had my eyes set on a CF hood for a long time, but if all im gonna get is a fiberglass hood wrapped in CF than i dont want to waste the money. I might just get one of Pakfeifers complete Fiberglass hoods instead.
Ever notice anyone driving slower than you is an idiot and anyone driving faster than you is a maniac?
01-03 Civic Projector Swap Tutorial
Gro Harlem

Post by Gro Harlem »

uhh...u used wax on a freshly clear-coated hood?

thats probably why its fucked up now. Wax is pretty harsh to use on a newly painted car or hood or whatever...ur usually supposed to wait like 6-12 months before you can use wax on a new car.

too bad no one reads owners manuals or paint spec sheets lol
Noble Green Metallic 93' GS Hybrid, 91' 1.8 323
DONATE TO MX-3.COM
Legato626

Post by Legato626 »

not that long man!!!!! its like 3 or 4 weeks so you can let the paint set and dry not 6-12 months that just crazy!!! I let my set for 3-4 weeks before i waxed my bumper. Thats what the body shop told me anyway.
1994 toyota supra single turbo
1994 Mazda MX-3 KL-ZE

If god owned a car... It would be a supra!!!
fieromx3
Supporting Member

Post by fieromx3 »

for carbonfiber stuff u need to use a special cleaner that prevents them from foggin up i dunno what the name of it or where u get it but yea.

Return to “Appearance”