RACING CERAMIC FRONT BRAKE PADS

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
fir3

RACING CERAMIC FRONT BRAKE PADS

Post by fir3 »

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/92-95-MA ... 3364QQrdZ1

will these fit in my MX3 '97 4 cyl DOHC mt ?
Is it worth ?
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

theres nothing "racing" about them just good quality ceramic brake pads,
they do look like theyll fit but ask seller if they will, I think GS has bigger brakes than RS.
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
Yoda

Post by Yoda »

What are they defining as "Racing" pads? You should be more concerned about the composition of the pad. "Racings pads usually come in several compounds depending on the temperature range they will be operation in on the track. For Drag racing and street driving you would want a soft almost OE compound pad that bits hard cold. If you were doing a little auto-X or are one of these drivers that only know 2 throttle position (on & off) in traffic then you migth want to think about a medium compound pad. The trade off is that cold and panic braking may suffer. There is no reason to use a hard compound racing brake pad of the street. Unless you can keep the pads at a very hot all the time on the street these will be like having almost no brakes at all as this are made of high speed road racing on a circuit track. In this type of racing the warm up laps are not only for the engines and drivers but to get the brakes up to temp as well.
93_mx3_gs

Post by 93_mx3_gs »

I purchased those! They work great, they have seriously improved my stopping ability. Those + new rotors = Awsome.

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”