Purchasing a KLZE

A forum for MX-West Car Club Related Topics. MX-West has two Chapters;, the original is in Vancouver, British Columbia, and the second is in Calgary, Alberta.
no brain no pain

Purchasing a KLZE

Post by no brain no pain »

I need to find a KLZE engine, fairly quickly and I was wondering where you can buy one in Calgary, and how long I would have to wait to get one.
-Jen
Dali
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by Dali »

http://www.jdmsource.ca
this is where i bought mine from, the motor is actually a very good one, still running strong. they are in calgary as well, i cant remember if they had a small deal for mx3 members, wont hurt to ask. i think one of the members on the site here works for them.
Chiggles

Post by Chiggles »

Yeah, you want to PM Team_mazda or something like that. Sorry Vince, can't remember what your handle is exactly on this board. :oops: But yeah, JDMsource is the way to go in Calgary. Shoaib runs a very reputable store and is a respected individual that can hook you up really well.
What I drive: A Cybertronian disguised in the form of a Creek Blue Mica 95 MX-3 GS. :driver:
Long term goal: Fabricating a new transformation cog! :welder:
no brain no pain

I went down to JDM and talked to the guys down there, they were alot of help, and I will be heading there agian when he gets his next shipment, thanks! I have another question does anyone know of a good place where I could take the engine to get it installed, and how much that would cost?

-Jen
wyldside
Supporting Member
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by wyldside »

I'd install it for you but unfortunately my new garage isn't exactly ready for engine swaps yet. I've heard a lot of people say that Millenium here in Calgary is pretty good and they've done that swap a few times before. I don't know who would be the one to talk to down there.

As soon as Shoaheb says that he has some KLZEs in, give me a call and I'll head down there with you. I would want to make sure that you are getting a good KLZE and maybe I can see what other components would need replacing. I took Shoaheb for his first cruise in a KLZE powered MX-3 and he loved it.
James Gosteli
X-Prez of MX-West

1992 Seal-Gray MX-3 GSR-ZE (KLZE 2.5L V6) :mrgreen:
1992 White MX-3 GSR-ZE (KLZE 2.5L V6) :( Worklog (Parting out)
1993 Blaze Red MX-3 GS - RIP :cry:
Mazderati

Post by Mazderati »

I hope to do this swap also. However, I have been waiting to hear that JDM has the curved neck KLZE in stock. I have called them every other week since March and been told they will be in in a week. Hopefully they aren't on permanent back order. The feedback on these guys here seems positive, however I wonder if they will ever get these engines in stock.

maybe I should go KLDE. It may make the OBD2 thing with a 96 a bit easier.
:?
96 GS, 17" Niche's, Falken 40's. Eibach springs, Tokico S/R struts, Ractive front & rear strutbars. Supertrapp exhaust, K & N intake. Soundstream Reference, JL & Eclipse audio.

Green means "Go", Yellow means, "Go Faster"!!
wyldside
Supporting Member

Post by wyldside »

The likely-hood of getting a curved neck KLZE will be quite low. I had to go with a Straight neck KLZE from an Efini MS8 and just used an intake manifold from a Mazda Millenia. Works fine from what I can see. It's better than waiting for hell to freeze over. That curved neck KLZE might not ever come. The KLDE would be better for your situation and you could Turbo that easier if you want some more power out of it.
James Gosteli
X-Prez of MX-West

Mazderati

Post by Mazderati »

The OBD2 thing does make me think about going KLDE instead as you say. Whats a turbo going to set me back though? I see some on here for time to time, I assume thats prob the best way buy one. Any other suggestions as to info source on KLDE turbo options? ( Besides the search function of course)

Thanks in advance.

8) 8)
96 GS, 17" Niche's, Falken 40's. Eibach springs, Tokico S/R struts, Ractive front & rear strutbars. Supertrapp exhaust, K & N intake. Soundstream Reference, JL & Eclipse audio.

Green means "Go", Yellow means, "Go Faster"!!
wyldside
Supporting Member

Post by wyldside »

Unfortunately I've never done a lot of digging into Boosting a KLDE. Therefore I can't provide you with much info on where to buy the stuff. You could possibly check E-bay for turbo kits or maybe http://www.boosthead.com
James Gosteli
X-Prez of MX-West

no brain no pain

wyldside wrote: As soon as Shoaheb says that he has some KLZEs in, give me a call and I'll head down there with you.
I’m supposed to give Shoaib a call on Wednesday, and after I do I will give you a call and let you know when we can go down and take a look at the KLZE’s.

-Jen
wyldside
Supporting Member

Post by wyldside »

Sounds good, Jen! Don't get your hopes too high though. He gets his shipments usually every wednesday, but there are not always KLZE in the shipment. Mostly Honda VTECHs. But just keep me posted.
James Gosteli
X-Prez of MX-West

Rick Johnson

Post by Rick Johnson »

I got my motor from him, I'm not thrilled with it, it burns oil pretty good... there supposed to be a warranty like 3 months but I sat on the motor for like 6 before installing so :shrug:
no brain no pain

Ya I am kinda worried that something else will go wrong once it's in, that is if the KLZE's work okay with the automatic transmissions . :? I have heard some things that they aren't so easy to fit it, but then I have heard that there should be no problems so I really don't know!

-Jen
Dali
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by Dali »

they bolt up very easy to auto tranny and drop right in, the only problem is that it cooked my atx in about 6-7 months and there was nothing wrong with the tranny. too much torque and power for the crappy atx, ended up swaping over to a five speed, fixed that problem.
no brain no pain

Thank You! I have been waiting for someone to tell me that it has been done! :D But that's not so good about the tranny :? And if I put a cooler on it, then that would probably only buy me a little bit of time right? I am seriously considering just changing over to a manual.

-Jen

Return to “MX-West Car Club (Vancouver, BC / Calgary, AB)”