Does Brembo make crossdrilled & slotted rotors???

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
insanerino

Does Brembo make crossdrilled & slotted rotors???

Post by insanerino »

Hey,
Does Brembo make a Crossdrilled & Slotted rotor for the front and back for a 93 MX3 w/ rear disk? I can find drilled for the front, and slotted for the back, but I can't find Crossdrilled & Slotted rotors. If they do, does anyone have the part number from Brembo?

Thanks!,
Randy
bmwm3guy

Post by bmwm3guy »

yup they sure do. I have a set...

for stronger braking power though, I would suggest Brembo blanks (not X-drilled and slotted)
ovendenk
Supporting Member

Post by ovendenk »

is this for aesthetic reasons or performance reasons? if its for looks, you can find these on ebay all the time for $200-300(not sure if they are true brembo slotted/x-drilled or just blanks that someone has modified). if it's for performance, please read the following post:

http://www.mx-3.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.ph ... th+busting
kevin (aka The Oven)
93 mx-3 GS KL-ZE with KL31 cams and properly chipped ecu
All mods are on my website: http://ca.geocities.com/ovendenk
MX-3.com Worklog: http://www.mx-3.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=48462
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Technically they don't

Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe they do not make the XD/S rotors, they only make blanks, the XD/S are done by 3rd party companies from Brembo blanks.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
bmwm3guy

Post by bmwm3guy »

http://www.psituning.ca/store/product_i ... cts_id/133

and browse around Brembo's website http://www.brembo.com you'll see they DO have X-drilled and sloted.
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Honnestly, I can't find any information on specific makes and models of cars that they make rotors form, and in what options

Even tho PSI tuning sells them, there's no way to tell if they are manufactured, drilled and slotted directly from Brembo for the Mx-3, of if they are Brembo blank rotors that have been cross-drilled and slotted by another company, that's typically how they are done.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
neutral
Supporting Member

Post by neutral »

Nd4SpdSe wrote:Honnestly, I can't find any information on specific makes and models of cars that they make rotors form, and in what options

Even tho PSI tuning sells them, there's no way to tell if they are manufactured, drilled and slotted directly from Brembo for the Mx-3, of if they are Brembo blank rotors that have been cross-drilled and slotted by another company, that's typically how they are done.
Bolded that statement 'cause that's correct from everything I've been told and read. Got a bookmark or saved file on the definitive word but can't locate right now. Anyway, Brembo x-drilled start as blanks and the chamfered x-drilling is done aftermarket by 3rd parties.
Image -Jim
bmwm3guy

Post by bmwm3guy »

Then why do you see X-drilled rotors all over Brembo's website...

and heres a part number for a drilled disc for a Honda Civic HB FD.038.000
95 rs

Post by 95 rs »

would civic brakes work for our cars??? i know its dumb but jw
95 rs with custom short ram air, b&m short throw shifter, probe 2.0L header with 2 1/4" exhaust all the way back, catco high flow cat, apc high flow muffler with 4.5" tip, accel 8 mm wires, blaze red, cf altezzas, gun metal 17" mr7s, slotted cross drilled rotors on the way with hawk hps pads, red and white interior, other then that its stock.
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

I think I'm still going to stick with what works. Have used OEM Brembo CD rotors (w/ Brembo calipers & Ferrodo pads) on my Ducati for the last 16 years and it's still rock solid braking. Earlier model Ducatis used solid Brembo rotors but over time would warp or distort. The CD application in my mind goes a long way to venting/cooling of the rotor which will prevent warping. Still common practice today for CD Brembo rotors on the more prestigeous (race type) bikes .... and I don't really believe it's for esthetics in this case.
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
nope-mx3

Post by nope-mx3 »

Brembo makes x-drilled and slotted discs, but not for our cars.
Those are just oem blanks (but of better quality than Mazda`s).

nope-mx3
:: 2001 Mazda Mx-5 Sport // 2013 Volvo V40 D2 Momentum ::
tatsu

Post by tatsu »

From the 2005 Brembo North America Sport Application Guide:

Brembo Sport front discs:
  • Drilled - Part # 35437

Slotted - Part # 45437
Brembo Sport rear discs:
  • Drilled - Part # 35187

Slotted - Part # 45187
These are $200.34 US list price/$140.24 US "jobber" price for the front, and $189.74 US list/$132.82 US "jobber" for the rear.

If I recall correctly, Brembo did, at one point, offer discs that were drilled AND slotted, but not anymore.

There are also OEM replacement rotors in the 2005 Brembo Aftermarket Catalogue:
  • Front - Part # 25437

Rear - Part # 25187
There is also something called easy:check, part #65437, which is an OEM replacement front rotor with built in wear indicators.
neutral
Supporting Member

Post by neutral »

Good info on that app guide from Brembo. I stand corrected. :D
Image -Jim
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

bmwm3guy wrote:Then why do you see X-drilled rotors all over Brembo's website...

and heres a part number for a drilled disc for a Honda Civic HB FD.038.000
Cause they have a pic on their site of it doesn't mean it's an OEM replacement rotor, they could be one of their racing rotors or an OEM replacement for sportscars that came with them, but I couldn't find any listing for the parts on the website, unless I was looking in he wrong spot....but I do however stand partially corrected, it seems that they don't make slotted AND drilled it seems, so they must be done by a 3rd party from either using slotted (as per the pic, there isn't any room to add slots to their drilled) as a starting point, or are making the slots and drilled from blanks.

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”