[WTB] Manual window actuator for a '95 RS, Toronto area

Do you have an MX-3 related item for sale? Post a quick note here.
FiReSTaRT
Supporting Member

[WTB] Manual window actuator for a '95 RS, Toronto area

Post by FiReSTaRT »

Don't feel like wasting $90+tax @ the stealership ;)
Carthago Delenda Est
atlantamx3
Supporting Member

Re: [WTB] Manual window actuator for a '95 RS, Toronto area

Post by atlantamx3 »

FiReSTaRT wrote:[WTB] Manual window actuator for a '95 RS, Toronto area
What is a Manual Window actuator? Arent actuators electrical things??

LOL

If it was MANUAL, then you done need an ACTUATOR....

Maybe I am wrong- but it just sounds funny.
~Perry
Please visit
http://www.mx3-atlanta.com
FiReSTaRT
Supporting Member

Post by FiReSTaRT »

Whether it's moved by hand-power or electrical power, it's still an actuator and it moves the window up/down. It's a wire-cable wrapped in some sort of rubber (kinda like a clutch or throttle cable) attached to some hardware and (depending on the engineering solution) possibly some gears which translate the power from the gear on the hand-crank. In any case, such a part shouldn't cost more than $30 new, so the dealer is definately overcharging for it. Well, mine is getting frayed, so it's kind of difficult to get the window to go up the last inch or so, and I wanna get a replacement before it snaps. I'm hoping someone knows of an aftermarket alternative to getting a**-raped by the dealer or if someone is parting out a car with a decent one.

Btw. I know some parts differ b/w pre-94 and post-94 models. Do you guys think this will be an issue or are they interchangeable?
Carthago Delenda Est
precidian

Post by precidian »

if you are looking for both, I have a set available. They are left over from when I converted my car to power windows.

shoot me an offer....
Tom S. - '94 MX-3 GS-X Sparkle Green

I say, Ahmed. What is that thing you do when you're about to assassinate an infidel?
FiReSTaRT
Supporting Member

Post by FiReSTaRT »

Actually I am interested but I already made an offer to someone else. I don't know if he has a manual crank or if the actuator is in a good shape (we were discussing some other parts), so chances are I will be contacting you. I should hear back from him tomorrow and if he doesn't have what I want, you'll be hearing from me for sure. I'll keep you posted either way.

P.S. Thanks for the offer.
Carthago Delenda Est

Return to “MX-3 Related Items For Sale/Trade”