Loud clicking when turning...

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
dreckis

Loud clicking when turning...

Post by dreckis »

Hi there! just wondering if anyone could confirm if i am correct. When ever i make a left turn and its more noticeable when its a harder turn it makes a loud clicking sound. its getting worse and worse. Is this the CV Joint?? I have found some parts on line and just wondering is this the one

A1 CARDONE 60-8024 [CV HALF SHAFT] [CV Half-Shaft Assembly] Reman. Front; Left; w/A.T.

Also how do i know if i have ABS? i have a 93 GS model v6 thanks!

Any help is greatly appreciated
mxmaz

Post by mxmaz »

its your passanger side clicking? i think that would be considered the right cv axle
dreckis

Post by dreckis »

yes sorry its the passenger side for the CV it says its different if you have ABS? how do i know ? i have the GS model thanks
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

Yeah. If it's indeed a CV, then it's typically you go to the one opposite the way you turn when it clicks. So if it clicks when you turn left, it's the right CV. If it clicks when you turn right, it's the left CV. Typically, though, the CV won't go bad unless the boot tears. Get under the car and see if either CV's outer boot is torn. If so, that's your Huckleberry.
dreckis

Post by dreckis »

went under and its torn can you tell me if this is the part that i need.

A1 CARDONE 60-8053 [CV HALF SHAFT] [CV Half-Shaft Assembly] Reman. Front; Right; w/M.T.; w/o ABS

how do i know if i have ABS or not
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

When you turn on the car, does an ABS light up momentarily? If not, then you probably don't have ABS. Most people don't.
mx32nerDOTcom

Post by mx32nerDOTcom »

definately your cv's...had that, hated it, really annoying...but..yep.
1992 Mazda MX-3 GS 5 Spd <i>*In Progress*</i> 2.5L V6 SWAP IN PROGRESS NOW
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS/SE 5 Spd <i>*Project 2.5T*</i>
UKMX-3

Post by UKMX-3 »

:idea: You can check if you have ABS by braking really hard and seeing if your wheels lock up!!!!! :freak:
snellgrove

Post by snellgrove »

UKMX-3 wrote::idea: You can check if you have ABS by braking really hard and seeing if your wheels lock up!!!!! :freak:
Yup, what he said... stand on the brake pedal :lol:

I recently took my MX-3 round a track, and used the ABS loads... brake pedal is all spongy now :lol: dunno if I've glazed the pads or killed the fluid...both of which are about 3/4 months old.. hey ho!
1997, Silver, V6
MX-SLICK

Post by MX-SLICK »

CV boot is likely torn...this is a rubber cover over the joint to keep greace in and dirt out. This is what caused your CV joint to fail (or almost fail) Oh, and when your CV joint goes your wheel falls off (almost) So yeah i'd get that one looked into before you end up in the middle of an intersection with a wheel that is basically broke off. LOUD clicking is bad..usually the worse the joint gets the louder the joint will click.
94' MX3 GS atx
93 geo storm GSi
99' Ford ZX2 mtx
2001 honda CBR 600
2000 kawasaki kx 500 MX
johnnyb
Supporting Member

Post by johnnyb »

if you dont want to beat the s--- out of your brakes then take the wheel off. you should see a sensor just behind the shroud.
vozaday2000

Post by vozaday2000 »

and get it changed quick, it doesn't take long for one to fail. sometimes it takes a year and sometimes less than a week. it is brutal when one fails. it basically makes your engine align with the shaft when you turn. it feels like your car is being pushed off the ground.
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/730367 - UPDATED!!!!!!!

'94 MX-3 GS KLZE, KL01 Cams, Fidanza Flywheel, Centerforce Dual Friction Clutch, WeaponR Ram Air, 2 1/4 exhaust, Nichi Neptune Rims, Toyo Proxy 45 Rubber.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”