MY AWD MX-3 (56K Beware)

A forum for posting automotive related Images & Video Clips. (Please keep it clean, no profanity or offensive material.)
Josh
Supporting Member

MY AWD MX-3 (56K Beware)

Post by Josh »

so for the most part thies are the best pics i could get, all the good ones you couldent see the rear diff. so here is what i got they are kinda crapy but get the point across.

thies are pics of the rear end.

here is a pic of the new MSD inline fuel pump, drive shaft, and my geto rigged exhaust. the exhaust is just TEMPORARY.

misc pics of drive shaft and mounts

and probably wondering where the heck is my gas tank, well this just seemed simpler

then the new and improved high boy shifter

then some pics of the car

so all in all it cost me around 1500 to 2K for the main parts USD. about 80 or so hrs by my self. and a lot of fabrication, but not as much as expected. i have to fix my exhaust and tow in and it will be complete, till i add some more goodies that i have waiting to go one.
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

we're gonna need a parts list on this one my friend :) YOUR MY NEW HERO i

ALL HAIL!!!!!!
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)
Franko
Supporting Member

Post by Franko »

Ahh finally someone did it..
What did you get the rear diff and driveshaft from? And what gearbox are you using?
93 MX3, BP, Haltech E6X, Bully Six Puck Clutch, Pauter Rods, Wiseco Pistons, Port and Polish, Turbonetics T3/T4 Ball Bearing turbo and a partridge in a pear tree.
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

so i used a 90' AWD protege for most of my parts. the rear end is from the protege, same with the driveshaft. the trans is a GTR trans. the US spec tranys suck from what i here so i wanted to take no chances. the car drives totally different. really nice out of corners. awsome off the line, and is an awsome distribution of power. the two places that helped me the most is a buddy @ Cork Sport and some buddys @ Frantic Four.
schuttie2002
Supporting Member

Post by schuttie2002 »

WOW :shock:
93 GS-DE,mx6 tranny, obx 2nd gen headers, highflow cat n 2.25" catback, 65mm tb,CAI, mazdaspeed mounts, SPEC Stage I clutch kit, new K8 flywheel, SRD C.A.B., Intrax, S.T. braces
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/698108
nos92mx3
Supporting Member

Post by nos92mx3 »

Have you launched it yet?
I wonder what it will be like pulling 1.7 60's in an mx-3.....
92' Rs-t b6t/De - RIP

93' Rs-t BPT - Sold

03' WRB wrx Wagon - Current
Juans_93_MX3

Post by Juans_93_MX3 »

Do you have anymore pics then that?
Like when you were installing the rear-end?
Anyway, good job, this is making me want to do this more and more
It would be cool to see BabyBlue's or Rebel2k4's AWD or RWD
2008 Mazda 3
1993 MX3 GS
KLZE, Fidanza flywheel, KL31 CAMs, South Bend Stage I Clutch, Pacesetter STS, SS AutoChromes, Magnaflow muffler, 2.25' Exhaust, CAI, Blaster Coil HEI, KLDE Valvetrain, 5 Speed Swap
fieromx3
Supporting Member

Post by fieromx3 »

that is awsome good job man!! :2thumbsup:
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

Juans_93_MX3 wrote:Do you have anymore pics then that?
this is where im stingy. i will tell everyone how i did it but if i show you then everone will do it. and i spent alot and i mean alot of countless hours of reaserch, time and a year of saving money in doing this. this was no easy task.

i will say the tunnel was pretty much left untouched, but should be widened. the rear end will NOT bolt up. i cut the sub frame from the protege and fit it to the MX with alot of fabrication as the MX rear sub frame is too week to begin with, its more complex doing it than one would think. the front mounts had to be fabricated as well. i will say it was a pain. but the end result was well worth it.
Juans_93_MX3

Post by Juans_93_MX3 »

Josh wrote:
Juans_93_MX3 wrote:Do you have anymore pics then that?
this is where im stingy. i will tell everyone how i did it but if i show you then everone will do it. and i spent alot and i mean alot of countless hours of reaserch, time and a year of saving money in doing this. this was no easy task.

i will say the tunnel was pretty much left untouched, but should be widened. the rear end will NOT bolt up. i cut the sub frame from the protege and fit it to the MX with alot of fabrication as the MX rear sub frame is too week to begin with, its more complex doing it than one would think. the front mounts had to be fabricated as well. i will say it was a pain. but the end result was well worth it.
I like the way you think
Thats cool

Anyway, get us some videos of your car launching or on the strip
2008 Mazda 3
1993 MX3 GS
KLZE, Fidanza flywheel, KL31 CAMs, South Bend Stage I Clutch, Pacesetter STS, SS AutoChromes, Magnaflow muffler, 2.25' Exhaust, CAI, Blaster Coil HEI, KLDE Valvetrain, 5 Speed Swap
DavidOS

Post by DavidOS »

awesome:)
what are the front and rear diff hp max ratings, before you need to upgrade them?
1994, GS, KLZE, 67mm TB, LightFlywheel, Centreforce Stg 3 Clutch, CAI, KL36 ecu, B&M shortshifter, Solid poly mounts, lightweight Aluminum Cross memeber, 2.5 high flo cat, 2.5 all back, Tanabe Exhaust, optima battery, ZX2 HD tokicos, eibach prokit, black altezzas.....

http://www.modifiedmazda.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.
atlantamx3
Supporting Member

Post by atlantamx3 »

We all should bow....

You are the new MX-3 Idol!

LOL

Congrats!
~Perry
Please visit
http://www.mx3-atlanta.com
BuGS

Post by BuGS »

Who cares about the exhaust "you're all wheel drive" and that is all that matters.

He also Won Best of Show for 98 and Under at the Mazda Meet. I would like to say I helped but all I did was held the exhaust while he tak welded it and then held the gas funnel... good times. Type Rrrrrrrrrrrr
Franko
Supporting Member

Post by Franko »

Now you can drift the car in the rain :P ..
Be careful with that gtr transmission though.. I hear about alot of the 323 boys blowing them up with hard shifting/launches.. So take er easy.. We dont want the only awd mx3 blowing up. 8)
93 MX3, BP, Haltech E6X, Bully Six Puck Clutch, Pauter Rods, Wiseco Pistons, Port and Polish, Turbonetics T3/T4 Ball Bearing turbo and a partridge in a pear tree.
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

Franko wrote:Now you can drift the car in the rain :P ..
Be careful with that gtr transmission though.. I hear about alot of the 323 boys blowing them up with hard shifting/launches.. So take er easy.. We dont want the only awd mx3 blowing up. 8)
well in that case if it does happen, there is a company that makes forged inturnals for the AWD trans. in several different ratios. i will probably do it eventually anyways.

thanks for all the complements guys

Return to “Images/Videos Forum”