gauges installed.. now tach is farked

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
nicacus

gauges installed.. now tach is farked

Post by nicacus »

so recentley I installed some of those EL gauges.. after doing so I notice my tach likes to stick at or around the 1 when the ignition is off... other than that it works fine.. I have tried to take it apart and push the needle back down... which it does with no problem. then the second you plug the connections in it goes back up to the 1... any ideas?? or do I need to live with it
1993 mx-3 GS, weapon R secret weapon air intake, 4 gauge ground wire kit, full exhuast Otto Racing muffler. ractive front and rear strut bars. tons of other crap that I am much to lazy to type..
16" wheels, with Falken ziex 512 tires
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

mine started doing the same..i guess ill have to shave the rear of the needle with one of those sharp razors..
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
nicacus

Post by nicacus »

what do you mean by that?
1993 mx-3 GS, weapon R secret weapon air intake, 4 gauge ground wire kit, full exhuast Otto Racing muffler. ractive front and rear strut bars. tons of other crap that I am much to lazy to type..
16" wheels, with Falken ziex 512 tires
Hoodzy

Post by Hoodzy »

i've read that sometimes the back part of the needle, the part that sticks over black knob catches on the guages or something to that effect??
http://www.cardomain.com/id/hoodzy13" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.id-studio.ca" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.behance.net/CollinH" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
1995 Creek Mica Blue GS
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Post by babyblueMX3 »

ya it seems that the gauge faces are too "thick". I also had to sand the back of the needle so it stopped rubbing on the gauge. happened only on the rpm gauge too.
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
Current car : Golf 01 GTI 1.8T (15 psi)

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”