Turbo Or Headers,Intake,Port&Polish ect. 96kmiles

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
Carmaster2005

Turbo Or Headers,Intake,Port&Polish ect. 96kmiles

Post by Carmaster2005 »

Hi, PPl I Love my MX I just have a simple question Should i invest my money in a turbo setup, or should i go natural with header & compleate Exhaust,CAI,Port&Polish, and ECU And 40 shot NOS, I have the DOHC 1.6L its a 94 The person who owned this car befor took very good care of it. I know the car itself worth investing in But i dont know alot about the B6 motor so i dont know weather its worth turbo at 96k miles. Thanks guys for all your help. Maybe this may help others figure out what they want to do with their MX.
Drive Fast,Hit the nitrous,Enjoy the ride :)
Cpl_Bryant

Post by Cpl_Bryant »

Engine swap. I'd say BP, but HP gains are probably not worth it. BPT or B6T. Search...
http://www.cardomain.com/profile/cplbryant" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
monty73741
Forum Moderator

Post by monty73741 »

Cpl_Bryant wrote:Engine swap. I'd say BP, but HP gains are probably not worth it. BPT or B6T. Search...

HEY CPL_BRYANT, obviously u havent done a search urself, the 94+ is the dohc not the sohc, the bp & b6t swap are more invovled

but yes u can turbo it, u can go total custom like jarir or install the turbo from a b6t since it "bolts right up" , but i would start with upgrading ur fuel pump, rising rate fuel regulator, & or some type of piggy back

jason
Jason Danaher
Please Help Support MX-3.com
MX-3.com Online Store - http://www.mx-3.com/osv3
CafePress - http://www.cafepress.com/mx3com
95 rs

Post by 95 rs »

the b6t isnt that hard of a swap if u use the b6de head since u really dont have to worry about the wiring as much. im in the midst of it and well ive been taking my time cuz ive been busy with work but ive found it quite easy and well i find it worth it since u ll have stronger internals which can handle more boost. i picked up my b6t complete with the tranny and passenger side axel and the intercooler from a 626 for $690 cdn and i guess it all depends on what your goals are for your power and boost. if you want over 7 id suggest the b6t and probably a protege lx tranny. but thats my 2 cents.
95 rs with custom short ram air, b&m short throw shifter, probe 2.0L header with 2 1/4" exhaust all the way back, catco high flow cat, apc high flow muffler with 4.5" tip, accel 8 mm wires, blaze red, cf altezzas, gun metal 17" mr7s, slotted cross drilled rotors on the way with hawk hps pads, red and white interior, other then that its stock.
freyguy_412

Post by freyguy_412 »

that's what I want to do... b6t swap with the stock intake manifold and head...
It might be slow, but it's not a civic!
Carmaster2005

Post by Carmaster2005 »

Thanks guys for The advice, im still thinking on what im going to do to the mx. Whatever i do will be worth the investment.
Drive Fast,Hit the nitrous,Enjoy the ride :)

Return to “Forced Induction”