New Acquisition

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

New Acquisition

Post by jschrauwen »

Well I'm on my way to getting boosted. This is what I won;

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... %3AMT%3A12

It's actually a Mercedes M62 SC. Completely rebuilt/refurbished and like new with a warranty. Now for a few other bits before the install occurs.
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
V8KOMX3
Supporting Member

Post by V8KOMX3 »

you lucky dog man I was debating that myself you always seem to get what I am looking at. Congrats anyway but some good news on my end I found the KLZE motor for $799 and 148 shipping in a place in texas so I should be putting it in my mid October then on to the sc. Keep me posted on you progress.
Teal 1993 MX3GSZE
Flashpoint2

Post by Flashpoint2 »

Lol John, you're a nut :P I wanna take it for a spin when it's done. :D
1996 MX-3 RS - Sold.
2004 RX-8 GS - Yay!
fieromx3
Supporting Member

Post by fieromx3 »

keep us all posted with pix and step by step when ur installin it. id like to go super charger myself either that or turbo but lately im becomin a SC fan so this will be good for me to know how to install it
DavidOS

Post by DavidOS »

whats the max hp on that ?
1994, GS, KLZE, 67mm TB, LightFlywheel, Centreforce Stg 3 Clutch, CAI, KL36 ecu, B&M shortshifter, Solid poly mounts, lightweight Aluminum Cross memeber, 2.5 high flo cat, 2.5 all back, Tanabe Exhaust, optima battery, ZX2 HD tokicos, eibach prokit, black altezzas.....

http://www.modifiedmazda.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

DavidOS wrote:whats the max hp on that ?
Conservatively about 280 RWHP at about 6-7 psi. Nice thing is that IC is not required with this SC if it's kept under approximately 6-7 psi and it's clutch type so it's not always full time boost. When engaged there's extra oomph right from the get go (lower rpm's) with no turbo lag. Much cheaper set-up too, I can't imagine what Steve has sunk into his, but he's mentioned it's a lot. I think at any more than 6-7 psi I'd be looking at greater expenses wrt IC, stronger axles and stronger internals etc. Still want to maintain that everyday streetability aspect.
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
hyperman

Post by hyperman »

looks good. I got the same one last week for my setup :D
daytona blue MX-3 2.5L V6 KL-ZE, KL31 ecu, koni lowered 40mm, freeflow exhaust system (decat), centerforge race clutch, cold air intake Dynamik, front and rear strut bars reactive, OBX race headers, Akebono pro act ceramic brake pads, Techna fit steel brake lines, zimmmerman crossdrilled rotors, reverse glow gauges, spinner gauges, topmix front lip, pakfeifer skirts, pakfeifer difussor, pakfeifer wing, inverted scoop bonnet , 17" bsa rims, etc
fieromx3
Supporting Member

Post by fieromx3 »

ok what do u all mean by ''whats the hp rating on that?'' what does this mean?
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

hp rating is what the supercharger can hold up I assume? Hey post some pics!! I was also looking to boost my kf with a similar set up.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
Rick Johnson

Post by Rick Johnson »

Very nice, Where are you going to put it, AC? what are you plans for fuel, plus clutch control? you will need some sort of standalone to activate it at a specified throttle position...
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

Working on the stand alone part at this time. Modified pully from the belt side to an intermediate shaft in front of front VC. Clutch portion should be situated facing and a few inches away and almost inline with disty cap. Slightly rotated so as the opening is facing toward the TB where a specialized mounting platform will be. A very short run from the SC to the TB. Coolant reservoir will be deep sixed for an aftermarket (thinner) one and relocated in corner behind drivers headlight and in front of CAI. Another short pully from the intermediate shaft to the SC pully will also be present. I still have to source a few more things like some SlimLine type fans, Walbro fuel pump. Millennia injectors are on their way. Gonna take some time yet. Won't be done til next spring - hopefully.
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

nice setup
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

It'll be configured something similar to this. Of course this is on a probe with less space between the fender well and the disty so install shouldn't be too difficult.

bmwm3guy

Post by bmwm3guy »

That is a roots supercharger, and I was under the impression that the throttle body must be placed before the compressor for these kind of SC's because they are "fixed displacement" SC's.

I see that others have used these SC's before (like in that pic) and the TB seems to be still in the stock location. How do they manage this?
Like the roots, the throttle body must be placed before the compressor because it is a fixed displacement supercharger.
taken from http://www.superchargersonline.com/content.asp?ID=76
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Post by babyblueMX3 »

congrat on that big boy John :P
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
Current car : Golf 01 GTI 1.8T (15 psi)

Return to “Forced Induction”