How hard was it to install ?
bigtime

Post by bigtime »

anybody ???
DavidOS

Post by DavidOS »

for 1500usd its way overpriced
but all past accounts of them are all good
1994, GS, KLZE, 67mm TB, LightFlywheel, Centreforce Stg 3 Clutch, CAI, KL36 ecu, B&M shortshifter, Solid poly mounts, lightweight Aluminum Cross memeber, 2.5 high flo cat, 2.5 all back, Tanabe Exhaust, optima battery, ZX2 HD tokicos, eibach prokit, black altezzas.....

http://www.modifiedmazda.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

i believe groharlem has a quaife
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

Gro has a gear driven diff. Same basic product as a quaife, but Quaife is a manufacturer of gear driven diffs, Gro has a different brand.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
bigtime

Post by bigtime »

gro has some sangyo or something like that...
He's posted plenty about it & I've found them !!!

Can get the quaife through a guy in new zealand ( thanks tatsu ! )
but want to know how hard it is to install as to make sure there are no nasty surprises for install. :?

Nobody over here knows a thing about them and I HAVE searched !!!

Does anyone know somebody who installed it on there car ?
probe, mx6, mx3 etc etc...

Somebody has surely !! Now where are you ?!?!
Ray

Post by Ray »

Hi
We have just bought 2 Quaife LSD from UK, we will complete installation within the next weeks, currently we have taken 1 gearbox apart, but we are missing an installation kit with bolts from Quaife to complete installation, this is an task that is for experienced Mazda mechanics, I don't say you can't do it, I just tell it is NOT easy.
Ray
2.5L if you try - you can't without it
bigtime

Post by bigtime »

the quaife guy in New Zealand, the quaife manufacturer in England are telling me it is a direct diff swap and U use your old bolts....
Ray

Post by Ray »

There isen't any, it is samplet with - don't know if it is the right word - fastners, do you know what I mean, you drill them out and then you bolt the Quaife on with 11,25-11,3mm bolt's and nuts from ARP.
Ford & Mazda hasen't anything in EU for this and Mazda Europe won't talk with MazdaSpeed Or MazdaMotor as their products is not approved anywhere in the EU.
(%(%(=%¤#$$€][]\ - DAMN !!
We have two options - one is to buy from an ARP or Quaife dealer or make the Bolts & Nuts Locally, think it will be the last thing..
Ray
2.5L if you try - you can't without it
lstpier
Supporting Member

Post by lstpier »

Got one. Definetly worth every penny for track and SoloII racing + unlimited lifetime garantee. Need to drill out the rivets holding the ring gear to the OEM open diff, transfer the ring gear and speedo gears to the Quaife + new set of bearings. Bolts/Studs kit is required to attach the ring gear to the LSD. Shift selector bracket in the transmission needs to be grinded to clear the heads of the bolts/studs (heads of the original rivets were thinner).
PATDIESEL

Post by PATDIESEL »

Luke has EVERYTHING bad-a-- for the MX-3. I am sorry Luke, but one day I'm going to have to steal your car. :twisted: BTW, could you turbo it for me first???
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
bigtime

Post by bigtime »

Luke thank you for your info..
the confirmation I needed....
This car is gonna be awesome :D
lstpier
Supporting Member

Post by lstpier »

PATDIESEL: Make sure you have appointments scheduled with your dentist and chiropractor on your way back. Teeth fillings and lower back will need some work. Also do not foget ear plugs, your brain would buzz for a month without them.

;-)
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Did you need to so anything with your axles?
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
PATDIESEL

Post by PATDIESEL »

Luke, I'm sure it will be more than worth the pain and effort of listening to your super bad-a-- car rattle, clunk and exhaust blare down the road... :D

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”