Will be done this Friday!!!!

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
Teal_93

Will be done this Friday!!!!

Post by Teal_93 »

Here is my 93 MX-3, I had my MP5 bumper customized just a bit (for ground clearance), Z3 fenders from Absath (thank you), custom sideskirts molded to the car from Hector, the rear red side lights removed off the stock rear bumper & hood emblem removed & the hole filled. Painted pictures will be posted later!!!!! So keep an eye out!!! It's gonna be off the chain.....

Last edited by Teal_93 on September 26th, 2005, 9:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

Lookin good man.. bet you are glad you didnt sell it ;) Cant wait to see the finished pics! :)

Tunes67
"So long.. and thanks for all the fish!" "Momma says VW Bugs are the devil" "This one time at band camp.. I stuck a flute in my Throttle Body" ;)
"Screw you guys.. I am goin home"

I am the Cranky God of Mods!!! Tremble before my fury!! LOL
Gro Harlem

Post by Gro Harlem »

polish the headlights.....then it'll look badass
Noble Green Metallic 93' GS Hybrid, 91' 1.8 323
DONATE TO MX-3.COM
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

wow are those really my sideskirts? :O so unique :O and how did you remove the lens of the tail light? i want to do the same :D
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
Teal_93

Post by Teal_93 »

Yup hector those were the sideskirts I got from you. Looking pretty good huh.

As for removing the tail light lens, I had bought these & that lense was cracked. So I tried to remove it & it broke in 2 more spots so i said screw it & took the covers off. Did the old heat them in the oven trick.

As for the headlights they will be polished when he is buffing out the paint on my car. Then they will be replaced with my custom projector headlights in MX-3 headlight housings.
GregoryChristian
Supporting Member

Post by GregoryChristian »

I like how you modified the MP5 Bumper ...I have problems with the ground clearance issue too ...might do the same to mine , any details or hints ?
Teal_93

Post by Teal_93 »

I like how you modified the MP5 Bumper ...I have problems with the ground clearance issue too ...might do the same to mine , any details or hints ?
Yeah I do Gregory!!! I'll PM you with some pictures & hints of what I did to the bumper. I think it raised the bumper about an inch, so I shouldn't have any problems hitting anything, but I guess I'll have to wait & find out...

I have not had the chance to drive it yet. He is not finished with it. Hopefully it should be next Sunday.
Teal_93

Post by Teal_93 »

Here it is!!!! There is still some sanding & buffing to do, but had to sneak some shots in!!!!
Last edited by Teal_93 on September 26th, 2005, 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

Thats a WEIRD paint job, however it looks pretty good IMO, nice shine...how much it cost?
nope-mx3

Post by nope-mx3 »

Sorry to say this, but it looks as if you couldnt afford to paint the entire car....

nope-mx3
:: 2001 Mazda Mx-5 Sport // 2013 Volvo V40 D2 Momentum ::
Absath

Post by Absath »

Wow that's.... interesting.

What exactly is going on there?

Whatever the paint job is, it's causing blending and glare that is really screwing with the curves and lines of the car, at least in pictures. In certain areas it looks warped, dented or unfinished.

Those nifty sideskirts you did are now totally lost in whatever sort of color mixing is done there.

-Tim
Don't park drunk, accidents cause people.

92 Blaze Red MX-3 GS, KL-ZE, ACT Clutch, KL 36 ECU, SS Clutch Line
ccreech

Post by ccreech »

I think that it looks pretty good. I would say that what most of yall are seeing is due to a poor camera angle with poor lighting.
93 GS KLZE Straight Neck (Parked)
Green Turd of MOCA
Car Domain
Bling Bling

It's painted!!!!! Let me know what you think...

Post by Bling Bling »

Thumbs up for originallity..but I personally wouldn't have done a fade. The curves on the car don't really do it justice. I like the color choice. It sure makes the rims looks out of place.
Stacy Whitrick
MX-West Calgary
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/1335558 UPDATED June 6,07
94 GS, Green Envy Pearl QUESTION: Does my car fit the RICE category?
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

i dont think its a fade, did you do green with a black pearl????
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)
vozaday2000

Post by vozaday2000 »

Unfortunately i agree with the rims looking a little out of place, but man i love the paint job. that will have people staring at the car for a long time. nice body kit too.
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/730367 - UPDATED!!!!!!!

'94 MX-3 GS KLZE, KL01 Cams, Fidanza Flywheel, Centerforce Dual Friction Clutch, WeaponR Ram Air, 2 1/4 exhaust, Nichi Neptune Rims, Toyo Proxy 45 Rubber.

Return to “Appearance”