Massive water leak

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
krishna

Massive water leak

Post by krishna »

ey, im goin through a gallon of water every time i drive my car, i have to keep refilling it due to a leak, dont know where its comin from... but its on the left side, and dripping
OFF of my oil pan, any suggestions? does an mx-3 even have a water pump?
92' BP
Charles-
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

every car has water pump duh, thats why theres belt too, it keeps spinning it when your engine runs. and most likely your water pump went out. you need to replace it
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
krishna

Water pump

Post by krishna »

heh, ive done the engine swap and i dont even know what the pump looks like.. bah!
below or behind the steering or ac pump?
92' BP
Charles-
azazel95

Post by azazel95 »

Go to the online shop manual on mx-3.com and go to section E1-011. Instructions there. Its for B6 but should be the same I think.
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

water pump aaa a nice one to get to..its right in the middle of everything... carefull not to lose timing..I did that on the bp engine... we had to ge the head rebuilt..valves bent :P but yeah its in the middle of everything and a pain to replace :( literally... in the middle... IF its a bp
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”