US and Canadian axles different?

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
sysopt

US and Canadian axles different?

Post by sysopt »

I'm swapping a KLZE into my 92 protege and I'm having trouble with the driver side axle...passenger side went in just fine. I did get all my stuff from Canada and I've been told that a particular year (I think 1995) used a different set of axles and possibly spindles. Is it possible I got this strange axle and that's why it seems too long? I've been trying to get a hold of another axle but I'm having a hard time. I'm in Brooklyn right now if anyone could hook me up or know a source please let me know.
Rick Johnson

Post by Rick Johnson »

I don't know the answer for sure but there was a spindle change in 93 on the protege's and mx-3's.

Get a 92 drivers side axle from a mx-3 V6 and you be should be good to go, I'm not sure if the 4 cyl has the same, you could always cross reference part #'s at the store while your there.
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

The spindle change did not effect the axle only the lower ball joint and steering arm. Any year axle should work that I know of... However, just use the one that you took from the K8. If you don't have that one for some reason then but a axle for your year car and you'll be fine.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
sysopt

Post by sysopt »

Turns out all I had to do was move the transmission about a quarter of an inch or so towards the passenger side. All I need now is the downpipe and mx3 v6 shifter linkage.
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

A ZE into a Protege'. :shock: Must show some pics when it's done.
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
kiwi_MX3

Post by kiwi_MX3 »

beat to it again.......

Mind you some crazy Kiwi in wellington has transplanted a KLZE
into a 4 door lazer ( custom mounts ) anyway CAI and extractors
and has ripped off a 13.8 down the quater.......

Food for thought.......
Kiwi - Native Bird Of New Zealand, semi-nocturnal, secretive bird
Flightless, though can be found flying firstclass
Poor eyesight, though can spot a good pub at 100yards.
bmwm3guy

Post by bmwm3guy »

theres a guy here in Ottawa thats swapping a ZE into a 323 :shock: those things weigh NOTHING! gonna be intense.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”